Are these spells worth it?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by maalri, Feb 7, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. maalri

maalri Immortal

Enchanted Weapon and Magic Vestment?

I have gotten them for Clerics as Domain spells in the past, but could never get much out them.

Do they stack with bonuses already there?

And how do you "apply" them in ToEE?

Also, does anyone else think that the 5% (or in some cases 10-15%) chance of Arcane Spell Failure on Elven Chainmail, happens a little too often for the percentage claim?

Thanks for the advice.

2. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

I have never used them.

No, they don't stack with existing bonuses. Mostly they're useful at low levels, before you actually have magical stuff. In 3.0, magic weapon was very helpful for punching through DR, but now that DR Magic is DR Magic, there isn't a big use for the spell.

3. Enilno

Enilno Quicksword

In a game I started recently, when my characters were 2nd level, they had a random encounter with a few (3 or 4) shadows. Since I didn't have any real magic weaons, only my cleric with Magic Weapon as his domain (War) spell was able to do anything. A couple of my other spellcatseters cast a few summoning spells to help keep the other shadows occupied until my cleric could take care of them. Luckily, my cleric didn't get hit much and only got his strength reduced once ... otherwise... Anyway, if it weren't for that spell, the party would have had no chance to win that fight (as the shadows were completely invulnerable to non-magical weapons).

4. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

I've run into those shadows at level 1 before. What do you guys think? Should I up the DC of that encounter so you can't get it until 3rd level?

5. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Ted's 2 coppers - yes.

6. maalri

maalri Immortal

Yes, C-Blue- I think you should up the CR of the Shadow encounter.

Lets make it possible to defeat them!

7. Moosehead

Moosehead Rubber nipple

it's strange - the hardest and most interesting random and sleep encounters are the ones i've had when my party was below 3rd level. After that it's all trolls, lacedons, crayfish and bandits.
    What gives?

Our Host!