Tattoo Thoughts

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Nerik, Feb 5, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Nerik

Nerik Established Member

Firstly, would it be possible to make tattoos 'auto equip' whenever the wearer's armour slot was empty (I suspect not AFAIK)? IIRC the plan is to make them undroppable (makes sense, but you won't be able to upgrade them unless the character wearing them has Craft Arms & Armour though).

Second, is there yet any way (other than the console) to get Cujo's Ninja & Yakuza tattoos? I suspect one plan would be to have Ah Fong provide them. On a related theme, it might be an idea to equip Murrain (spelling?) with a set. :)

Another idea I had was based on a series of old Larry NIven fantasy novels which featured a Warlock who had a pentacle tattoed on his back which contained a bound guardian demon! :twisted: You might have to join the temple to get this one though.

Hmm... maybe if you join one of the lesser temples you get a tattoo with a bound elemental of the appropriate type. Could give resist (approptiate element) plus a 1 per day summon elemental.

Charles

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

You're aware that Mother Screng will sell you magical tattoos? (U probably are aware). Making them auto-equip might not be possible though.

The Ninja and Yakuza tattoos sorta snuck into a release among some other stuff Cujo sent me, I'm not sure if he has finalised their effects. If he has (and he wants me to) I can get someone somewhere to supply them in-game. As for their being 'craftable', I tihnk they were made masterwork for memory as part of an idea of using them in some magical sense, but I'm not sure that was ever thought through.

Murrain - the Curry Puff down on level 4? Giving her tatts is a very good idea... what do people think?

3. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Only if we get to watch them being applied...

:eyebrow:

4. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

that is a good idea - I'm making some pirate tattoos, I'll make some Mage tattoos as well.

[EDIT] the Ninja/Yakuza tattoos are super powered atm, they need serious toning down, feed back would be good

Last edited: Feb 6, 2006
  5. Nerik

Nerik Established Member

Yup, brought a few. Does ToEE support 'cursed' items that stick in place - maybe that could be used? (less user frendly though, as you couldn't put armour 'over' your tattoos).

I quite like the fact that they can be 'upgraded' - pity that the Spell Resistance (13) armour ability doesn't work!

Charles

6. Nerik

Nerik Established Member

This may be beyond the capabilities of the game engine...

Charles

7. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

I didn't think the Ninja/yakuza tattoos were upgradeable - one is already "upgraded" with enhancments more than the game can do

8. Moosehead

Moosehead Rubber nipple

I was thinking we should have tattoos that function along the lines of (or even slightly modelled after) the tattoos in Planescape: Torment.
    Some of them are probably impossible to do because of engine limitations, but others would be right on target.

9. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

with something that I think darmagon discovered - have the tattoos give player x a perminent ablitly boost - one of those game.party[0].condition_add_with_args('amulet of natural armour',4,0) things, or each different tattoo doing some thing different (I've been reading the tattooed monk section in oriental adventures)

also there might be the posablity of having the tattoos perminent under armour (this is a wild therory), I think this because...

// The material banks below 1000 are reserved for the
    // naked (or nonexistant) version of the item. These
    // are swapped in whenever an item is removed.

// 0 - 99: no helmet
    // 100 - 199: no cloak
    // 200 - 299: no gloves
    // 300 - 399: UNUSED
    // 400 - 499: UNUSED

// 500 - 599: no armor
    // 600 - 699: UNUSED
    // 700 - 799: UNUSED

// 800 - 899: no boots

some creative scripting or dll hacking would be needed to get it to work

10. chintznibbles

chintznibbles Member

In regards to the tattoo that Mother Screng is supposed to sell you:

I just reached Nulb with a new party, figuring I'd give the game another go now that Co8 4.0 is out. I get the dialogue in which she offers me a tattoo, price listed at "15k", and have nearly 2000 platinum and 500 odd gold. However, she won't sell the thing to me, claiming I don't have enough money. I suspect that the script is only looking for numbers in one kind of currency... is there any way this could be improved to take into account my total money supply? Maybe I've just hit a weird bug?

11. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

The way it is scripted currently should take into account total money, not just one kind of currency. The game actually looks at the party's money in copper pieces, and all prices in the dialog and scripts are based on that. Sometimes the game just doesn't quite see it all. I don't know why.

12. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

I've run into a similar problem trying to buy Riana's freedom before. If I don't have 500 actual gold pieces, my only option is "I'll have to come back later."

13. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

The "my plats don't count as gold" issue got reported a few days back too, I forget the context.

14. Rawel

Rawel Member

Hmm i've actually had a negative amount of platinum for some time. Thinking back to it i believe that furnok's script doesn't check for enough money when gambling and just subtracts it. I'll have a look and maybe try and fix it.
    Rawel

Our Host!