.dll fixes post your request here...

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by bradrinwi, Jan 23, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. bradrinwi

bradrinwi Established Member

okay guys and thanks and yes ted ill check ythe config .. i appreciate the (look here) also.

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

A small sized rapier should be finnessable by small races - but isn't. Can that be fixed in the .dll? I can put in a workaround, but it will invole 3 different sized rapiers and would be very confusing.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2006
  3. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

Actually, it should only be finessable by medium creatures:

So I think ToEE is already implementing it correctly.

4. Allyx

Sorry i meant to say the SMALL rapier for a SMALL character is not finessable, but a tiny rapier IS. However if a small character is trying to finesse 2 weapons (EG shortsword and small rapier) the weapon finesse in not applied to the small rapier. And if your small character finesses the shortsword and tiny rapier you get the lower 2 weapon fighting penalties for a light weapon.

5. Kalshane

Is there a small rapier? I only noticed the normal rapier and a tiny one in the protos.tab (but the tiny one did the damage of a normal one.) though I could have missed it.

6. Allyx

Well there isn't a small rapier. The normal rapier was changed to small size ages ago to let medium sized characters finesse it, the tiny rapier was similarly added for small characters, but the small rapier weilded in the offhand of a medium sized, 2 weapon, finesse using character was getting -2/-2 to attacks instead of -4/-4 - hence the need to fix it to how it should be.

7. Kalshane

Okay, I think I understand what you mean now. So any rapier does not allow finesse unless it is set to one size smaller than the creature that wields it? (In other words, the special finessable property of the rapier is missing.) Is that what you're saying?

8. Allyx

Exactly. Phew 9 hours to get myself understood, I don't even have a severe speech impediment!

9. Kalshane

Sorry, I though I read mentions of setting the medium rapier to small so small creatures could finesse it in another thread and it got me all confused.

Do we know if weapon finesse works with the spiked chain? If so, that might be the key to figuring out how to make the rapier finessable the right way. (For someone who can actually read code, I mean.)

10. Kalshane

Another dll-related fix. Creatures with Uncanny Dodge can still be hit with sneak attacks while flat-footed. That should not be the case because sneak attacks on flat-footed characters occur because they are denied their Dex bonus, not because of the flat-footed state itself. (Improved Uncanny Dodge can be left alone, as it's only bonus is to prevent the creature from being flanked and has no effect on retaining of the Dexterity bonus and I used in my protos overhaul for creatures that can't be flanked. Though I doubt it makes a real big difference, as I think all the creatures that are unflankable are also immune to crits/sneak attacks anyway.)

ETA: Another one, and I don't know if it's a dll issue or not, is the Silence spell. Currently everyone who is in the are when it hits makes a saving throw. If they succeed, they're fine. If they fail, they're silenced for the spell's entire (1 minute per caster level) duration. Also, creatures moving into the area, including those who have previously made their save, must save as well.

The way it's supposed to work is if you cast it on an area, there's no save. Everything in the area is simply silenced. However, characters are free to leave the area and resume normal sound. If you cast it on a person, they get a Will save to resist and if they succeed the spell fails. If they fail, the spell is centered on them and moves with them for the duration.

The problem with the way it works in ToEE is that an entire side's spellcasters can be made unable to cast spells (barring use of Silent Spell) for the duration of that battle if they fail their saves. Which royally sucks and makes it a good deal more powerful than a 2nd level spell should be.

If the spell can't be fixed, I would recommend reducing the duration from 1 minute per level to one round per level. It might not make a difference in most battles, but in the bigger ones spellcasters might have a chance to get back in the fight before it's all over.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2006
  11. Allyx

RE: Silence, that is an issue with the spell's script. Not a .dll issue (but don't ask me to fix it) FYI Sphere of Invisibility has a similar problem (I managed to make the spell area move with the target, but I couldn't prevent new targets from being affected once they enter the spells area - or for that matter the spell not re-affecting characters who have left the area.

12. Moosehead

Moosehead Rubber nipple

The "Run, there's a monster behind you!!" response from townspeople and traders, as well as the "you friends stink" response from friendly monsters when you have a supposedly monstrous companion n your party (darley is a fucking half-succubus ffs!!).

IT NEEDS TO BE KILLED DEAD.

sure it's a good IDEA, but the execution is horrid. It could have allowed for some great RP'ing in the game. But it doesn't. So it needs to go.

13. Allyx

@ moosehead, I think I know of a way to fix that without hacking the .dll - need to check first though ;)

14. krunch

krunch moving on in life

@ Bradrinwi: Can you determine if the Temple.DLL file has a hardcoded entry for the portraits.mes file - specifically, where the DLL codes the portraits addresses [or lines] from 0000 through 0499 (range used is 0040 to 0494) for custom portraits and edit the DLL to allow a second range of addresses for custom portraits to also be added to the game? I would like the portraits.mes addresses [or lines] from 9000 through 9999 be added for custom portraits in addition to the 0000 to 0499 range.
    * Adding a second range of addresses [or lines] from 9000 to 9999 would allow an extra 100 custom portraits to be added on top of the original limitation for custom portraits...for a new total of like 170 custom portraits.

This is probably daunting, but would be greatly beneficial to the ToEE game for new character creation.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2006
  15. Allyx

Brad, could you add a crafting EEL (Effective Enhancement Level) cap at EEL 10, currently there is no cap, and (apparently) weapons can be crafted that are upto EEL 13, but the game gives the crafter a bucket load of cash (instead of costing you said bucket load of cash) for each enhancement after EEL 10.

Our Host!