Stunning Revelations from Orion

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Gaear, Jan 27, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. krunch

krunch moving on in life

First Taluntain, "Hello." I've only been here at Co8 for less than a year.

If it's in his MOD either in part or in full, Orion79 needs to disclose and give complete credit.

Somebody should remind him of his quote.

His new mod needs to include the following. The following would be a good starting point for Orion to offer credit.

[EDIT] updated the list

Last edited: Jan 31, 2006
  2. krunch

krunch moving on in life

IMO - Orion should apologize to the modding team at Co8.

Ted is right. Teds "Desperate Housewives Quest" was optional.

I distinctly remember Orion having an issue with the Skeletal Priest made by Livonya where he would not make his change for it optional, it was his way or the highway.

IMO - If I were a developer and I made the Skeletal Priest (something new that did not exist before, does things differently and does things in a new way) and someone changed it without asking permission, first, and distributed a mod with the changed Skeletal Priest, I would lose my cookies and my mind and demand the change be made 100 % optional or not be included at all in that person's mod release.

3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Thanks Krunch, but don't single me out for 'numerous testing and fixes' - no telling how many nameless Co8ers who went before us all contributed such things to the versions leading up to and including 3.0.4. I 'll be happy for my named stuff to be recognised (buggered up though it all may be). And he doesn't have to give credit for DH since he has tried, in his own half-assed way, to get rid of it from his mod.

O and 0rion DID send me a protos.tab with Liv's Skeletal Priest changed back so it could be optional. It wouldn't load: I opened it and stuff was garbled, I strongly suspect he modified it in Word or some such place to take advantage of copy-paste etc. (NO EXCUSESS PEOPLE, don't do that! Use ProtoEd or ToEEWB or don't do it!) Anyways, I never posted it on here because posting something broken didn't make much sense (I have referred to it before though, I didn't try to supress it).

Mind u, its not like him to post something without testing it... :errf:

4. krunch

krunch moving on in life

Okay Ted, I updated the list.

5. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

I don't care if he mentioned me, he made it quite clear that his work was not part of co8 and my art is co8 only - unless you ask first, so he can take all that art I made for Co8 and DELETE it from his unique mod.

Don't fuck with me cos I fuck back harder...

...in ways and places that you wont like

6. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

7. Allyx

Isn't that page on savefile.com yours Shiningted?

8. Moosehead

Moosehead Rubber nipple

god damn... orion more and more reminds me of my ex-boss... you know, the sociopath that our organisation eventually fired, and whose job and responsibilities i took over. one of the main reasons was actually that he took credit for our work and had the nerve to be arrogant and highly insulting about it!

anger.

*listens to Whitehouse*

9. krunch

krunch moving on in life

It's that special time of the year, ladies and gentlemen. It's a spectacular afternoon for race car driving, "What a day it is, indeed!" You have arrived and you are ready for the Co8 300. You find your seats, feast your eyes upon the long 3 mile track and smile. You get comfortable and have your pop and favorite snack ready for this truly amazing and wonderful event.

You watch the race cars line up and take their poll places. They begin to follow the pace car and finishing the first lap, the pace car leaves the track and they're off! What a marvelous time it should be, ladies and gentlemen.

Later in the race, it's looking bad for the Orion 79 car getting ready to head in to the # 3 turn. OH NO! Ladies and gentlemen, the Orion 79 car is rubbing way too much and bouncing around the track. Oh yes, ladies and gentlemen, the Orion 79 car is driving in to the wall in the long and dangerous # 3 turn!

10. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Yeah thats the mirror for the voicefiles. I don't know that it works any more, they auto-delete there if stuff doesn't get downloaded for a fortnight or so (and its obsolete now we have the Voice and Portrait pack).

Shame about GameBanshee, I woulda liked to have read that ;)

11. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

It was another plug on his mod and how you could get it at sorcerer's place and how he wouldn't be hanging aroung gamebanshee to answer questions - he had a hunted look. it only took 3.5 hours for me and allyx to reply to is post. It also seemed like he wasn't sure if you could still get it a SP either

12. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

New Game: Where's Orion?

While many of us are wondering where our old pal Orion is hiding, being as he's not making any appearances here, I thought it might be fun to start a new game of the same title to pass the time. Where's Orion?

Rules:

You must select a dialogue tree from Orion's mod that contains original dialogue, plus Orion-modified dialogue. Third party dialogue, such as from Livonya or Ted or somebody, is optional. You must post one sequence of dialogue-tree options that contain original and Orion content. The trick is to see if you can ID the Orion dialogue. Only the most cunning among us will likely be able to do so, as Orion's 'mad skillz' extend well beyond simple hacking of code. Winners will receive a complimentary download of Orion's next update. Here's my offering. (Thanks to Ted for pointing me in this direction.)

Chapter 1: Brother Smyth's Onesies

PC: You said you have Masterwork quality items?

Brother Smyth: Not so fast, sir. I'm not sure you're good enough.

PC: What is that supposed to mean?

Brother Smyth: It is years that I do this job and I learned how to forge every kind of masterwork gear but still the materials that I use to craft my best pieces are so hard to work that I don't want to see my efforts wasted due to the first wanna-be adventurer that gets killed from the first orc that he will meet. So, if you want them, you must proof yourself worthy. Bring me a trophy, something hard to kill... let's say the head of a giant, and I will sell you my one-pieces!

So . . . any brave souls out there care to venture a guess? :icon_chuc

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 3, 2006
  13. Allyx

Re: Where's Orion?

Ooh, not sure if this exactly follows your game rules Gaear, but here's 100% unaltered 0rion...

Code:
    {130}{I.... I.... yes... after all.... YES! DAMN'IT! I can do it! You persuaded me, let's go and show to those temple fanatics who we are!}{I.... I.... yes... after all.... YES! DAMN'IT! I can do it! You persuaded me, let's go and show to those temple fanatics who we are!}{}{}{}{pc.follower_add( npc )}
    {131}{Great! it is just a pity that you sentyour men against us, we could have recruited them as well. Well, if they died, probably they were too weak to serve us. Let's go!}{}{8}{}{0}{}
    {131}{Good! Go!}{}{-7}{}{0}{}
    {150}{Yes?}{Yes?}{}{}{}{}
    {150}{I need you to leave the group. Now.}{}{1}{}{160}{pc.follower_remove(npc)}
    {151}{Uh, nothing. Bye.}{}{1}{}{0}{}
    {160}{Alas, my destiny is really to die alone.... very well, but you will regret it!}{Alas, my destiny is really to die alone.... very well, but you will regret it!}{}{}{}{}
    {161}{Yes, yes.. whatever. Farewell.}{}{1}{}{0}{}
    {170}{Men, kill this gang of fools that entered our territory! Make their blood to color the snow!}{Men, kill this gang of fools that entered our territory! Make their blood to color the snow!}{}{}{}{npc.attack( pc )}
    The NPC? Is Grank, from the water node. Please take a close look at how the lines numbered 131, and 150 (both of each) can not both be displayed simultaneously (so removing Grank as an NPC is not possible), and line 170? I'm not sure if it could cause a CTD (don't fancy testing it either) but it certainly isn't like ANY other npc attacks you response in the game, for 3 reasons...
    1) no player responces.
    2) no go to line 0 (to end dialogue)
    3) because combat is initiated by the npc and can't respond, you probably won't even get the chance to read this line anyway.
    Not to mention 0rion's typical bad spelling, grammar etc...

My favourite quote? "Make thier blood to color the snow!"

14. Morpheus

Morpheus Mindflayer Veteran

Chapter 2: Burne's puzzlingly long lines

Burne: How may I be of service to you?

PC: Do you have anything magical for sale?

Burne: Yes, we still have part of the goods that we looted from the green dragon's lair. Even if I would like to keep some for me and Rufus, we are forced to sell them because we are in extreme needs of moneys to end the castle here. Ask to my assistant, Pishella: I'm too busy with the castle and other urgent matters to care about selling now. Eventually she will sell you some of the potions that I brewed, scroll that we both wrote and some of the items that she is learning to craft. She is very talented, even if only an apprentice! Anything else?

This string is, of course, waaay too long. Check the screenshot. Had Orion actually tested this dialog, he would have noticed it doesn't fit into the window. At all. And note how both answer options are the same, because Orion used the same string ID twice. *sigh*

Attached Files:

15. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

My God, it's full of drek!

That's just "How Not to Write Dialogue" 101 right there. Wow.

Our Host!