Okay here it is, the new spell zip

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by darmagon, Nov 29, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Ditto.....

2. darmagon

darmagon stumbler in the dark

Okay, one more try. After running about 50 tests with various combinations of filters on the original in paint shop pro (can't afford photo shop and don't have the gimp installed at present) I came up with this. Still not quite right but better than the original (maybe?)

Darmagon

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 19, 2006
  3. maalri

maalri Immortal

The last (3rd) one looks pretty good. For some reason the image on the right seems better than the one on the left. Good job on this!

4. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

The games SVB file must've kicked in - blocking the offending tuft of fur. the little line on the bottom-right side of picture could use removing too. :thumbsup:

5. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

I dig that last one best so far too.

Anybody wanna here the new sound that will go with the eye candy? (No more 'minty-fresh taste in a constitution-boosting sort of way.' ;))

It's the sound of Jaroo's bears, iirc, with some effects and processing. No biggie.

Attached Files:

6. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Nice! :beer:

7. darmagon

Okay, subject to minor enhancements I am going with this one for bears endurance. The sound is, as Lord_Spike says, nice. I will go one step further and say, very nice! (trying to keep with the spirit of understatement which Lord_Spike initiated. )

Darmagon

8. kam

kam Member

Have you considered torrenting Photoshop?
    I'm willing to send you a copy by AIM direct transfer if you like.

9. darmagon

Okay, this seems to be as good a place as any to let everyone know that I will be away for the weekend. Gaear, if you have all the spell sounds done, please send me a .zip (including your altered snd_spells file) @ the e-mail address I am PM'ing you right now so I can make an integrated .zip file for the re-release. Probably not until monday, if you are done.

Nogamrad

10. Morpheus

Morpheus Mindflayer Veteran

I've just downloaded Orion's "Ultimate fixes" from Sorcerer's Place, and in his list of changes he writes:

"- fixed Co8 Disintegrate spell: before it did nothing."

What the hell?

11. Gaear

Yeah, what gives, Dar? Relying on Orion to save the day isn't gonna fly anymore. Maybe you're not up to speed, but throwing an eye candy effect out there and calling it disintegrate does not a spell make. From now on, make sure your spells 'do something!' Clear?

btw, we should probably send Orion Kalshane's protos when he's done. No doubt there are numerous errors in it. Orion will find them and make sure the thing runs flawlessly.

;) :mrhappy:

12. Moosehead

Moosehead Rubber nipple

damn, i'm sorry to be flogging the proverbial dead moose, but ... man, the nerve of that guy. what the hell?

13. Gaear

In case any of you were waiting on the edge of your seats today for darmagon's latest spell release, it looks like there was a snafu on my part with getting him the spell sounds. The upshot of this is that he likely hasn't put anything together yet in the form of a releasable zip. Hopefully he's got them now and things are back on track.

Sorry all for the delay. :(

Last edited: Jan 24, 2006
  14. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

You're fired. Collect your wages at the front desk and clear out your cubicle.

If i was a big meany, I WOULD send Orion a copy of Kalshane's fix so he can see what a proper overhaul of the game looks like. It exactly what he was trying to achieve.

Can't believe the guy on no less than 2 occasions (to my knowledge) posted stuff that didn't even load: he hadn't even ran it to see if it worked. Sheesh!

Edit: And disintegrate was spectacular. Did what it was meant to, custom particles (to my knowledge) that fit perfectly, it was and is fantastic. What a goose he is.

15. darmagon

Okay, the new, new, new spell.zip is available. Thanks Gaear for your hard work and sound file expertise and thanks for pointing out all the little things (especially the bugs)....:) As it stands right now all the new spells that require it have 'eye-candy' except Analyze Dweomer and Tenser's Transformation (and some of the old spells that should have now do). And ALL of the spells should now have sounds (Thanks to Gaear.) Questions, Comments, Complaints, Bug Reports etc. should be posted here.

And before anyone asks, this release is really Gaear's. He did all the hard stuff this time 'round and my contribution was basically only the fixes that needed to be done anyways. Again, Thnx Gaear!

Please see the first post in this thread to re-download.

Our Host!