New Patch Info

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Sol Invictus, Oct 9, 2003.

Remove all ads!
  1. Sol Invictus

Sol Invictus Beholder Watcher Veteran

Okay so here's some of the stuff that's going into the new patch (which will be out in a couple of days):

I'll build it tomorrow or the day after. Thanks to Phay, I've compiled the following bunch of stuff:

Mona's orb fixed
    Brothel fade fixed
    New IOUN stone graphics
    toshi's Katana mod (as bastard sword, as per 3.5 rules)
    Fogless town fix
    Burning Hands fix (evocation now)
    meta magic fixes
    moathouse is an actual quest mod

and a bunch of stuff that may be added if it makes the release date:
    Scorrp stat fix (if it is done)
    replenishable shop inventories which sell new stuff
    masterwork items can only be sold after you finish the moathouse
    new items in shopkeepers inventories (I need help with this)
    new quest descriptions (hard to get to work, causes CTDs because of bit length. Phay? :) :) )

Please reply to this list with mods you have finished.

2. Phalzyr

Phalzyr Established Member Veteran

You mean me? What quest descriptions you talking about and where do they crash? Or they not you just wanting me to check them? :D

3. Sol Invictus

I'll be uploading some Quest description dlg file later today and I'd like you to test it. I'll set it to 210 bits (per line) so it is less likely to crash. We'll see how that goes.

4. Elof

Elof Member

you going with the option of just adding bug fixes and leaving new content seperate ? or lumping it all in together ?

5. Sol Invictus

That all depends on how good I am at sorting the files out. :)

6. Vaevictis666

Vaevictis666 Established Member

Might as well just leave it all-in-one now, but if you can document changes for later (ie what files got what fixes) I'd appreciate it. The sorting out stuff is gonna be a bit tricky, and whenever telus gets off their asses and sets up my phone (let alone the internet) I'll be working on that. I'll be working on apps to detect changes at least, but I'm still in the process of moving (note to self: moving during work week sucks)

7. Elof

Elof Member

I was asking because personally i dont want the fogless town in feels to much like cheating so if i know what files to remove after the patch i can keep my self happy

this is a co8 patch again right ?

8. Sol Invictus

Yes, it's a CO8 patch.

Fogless is easy to delete. I'll just give you the instructions. And there's nothing cheaty about it - it doesn't work in dungeons.

That's how towns were meant to be - even Tim Cain thought that's how it was until Atari's QA 'guys' decided to make it more like an RTS by includingthe fog in towns.

9. Shin

Shin Established Member

LOL Atari QA... :D So, his existence is real eh?

10. Nomad_Wanderer

Nomad_Wanderer Established Member Veteran

I have an appointment with the roadrunner installer this afternoon, so should have internet access tonight, (tomomrrow morning at latest).

I already have the build scripts, etc. If you want I can handle this release until *V* gets up and running.

11. Phalzyr

Who ever does it let me know which mods from the tools/mods thread are include and thus I can remove when adding new patch link. :D

12. Sol Invictus

Phal, are all of the new released little mods on that page or are there any others which might be in other threads? I'd like to compile it today and wanna make sure I'm not using old versions and such.

13. Phalzyr

Hopefully all on that thread, any new things posted in the last few days I been keeping up with. I'm not sure about dev forum though, haven't been there much.

I just now updated the brothel.zip link so you can grab it instead of the orb fix, that way it is one less file :)

Last edited: Oct 10, 2003
  14. Phalzyr

I'lll look around a bit and see if Ifind any links, I check stickies and only foun this one my feat.mes is prob more updated(meta magic wise) than this one so not sure..I'm not really sure if you guys already had this fixed or my fixes implemented or not...

There are a few bug fixes in this ( Post v1.0.0 fanfix ). I have been testing this for 2 days now and it seems to be 100% rock solid. I get no more crashing from item creation and the Fox's cunning craft problem fixed, along with a few other forum posts of problems.

http://www.angelfire.com/dragon/roadrun777/data.rar

15. Vaevictis666

Vaevictis666 Established Member

Lucky you... I don't even get my phone til tuesday :( Stupid long weekend delaying my internet....

On the bright side I guess that's less distractions for me working on an install splitter :p

Our Host!