Should the blacksmith's masterwork dialog be changed into a real store inventory?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Morpheus, Oct 25, 2005.

Remove all ads!
?

Should the blacksmith's masterwork dialog be changed into a real store inventory?

1. No, let's leave the dialog as it is.

6 vote(s)
    23.1%
  2. Yes, the masterwork items should be available from his store inventory - ALL masterwork items.

7 vote(s)
    26.9%
  3. Yes, the masterwork items should be available from his store inventory - but only METAL items.

13 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Scorched_Earth

Scorched_Earth Established Member

King Snurre!
    King Snurre, Fire Giant: CR 11; Large Giant (Fire); HD 17d8+119; hp 238; Init +1 (Dex); Spd 30 ft; AC 27 (-1 size, +1 dex, +8 natural, +9 +4 Chainmail); Atk +25/+20/+15 (2d6+20 and 1d6 fire/crit 19-20, +4 Flaming Greatsword); +12/+7/+2 ranged (2d6+11 and 2d6 fire, rock); Face 5x5 ft./10 ft.; SA Rock Throwing; SQ Rock Catching, Fire Subtype; AL CE; SV Fort +16, Ref +5, Will +5;
    Str 33, Dex 13, Con 24, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 11;
    Skills: Climb +12, Jump +12, Spot +7;
    Feats: Cleave, Great Cleave, Power Attack, Sunder;
    Possessions: +4 Flaming Greatsword, +4 Chainmail, Necklace of Coral Skulls (15,000gp), Girdle set with 66 (100gp) garnets. Iron crown set with 6 (1,000gp) rubies, 6 (1,000gp) diamonds, and a huge jacinth (10,000gp), Cloak of the White Dragon

Try taking on that for some Masterwork Weapons...entangle who??

2. CatBoris

CatBoris Member

That giant looks like a whuss... :)

3. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

OMG some ones quoting my 5th ever post

4. Croix

Croix Member

Using your quote in his/her sig no less. Thats a fun one. :)

Last edited: Oct 28, 2005
  5. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

I'm flattered, now why can't the rest of you bastards give me a head swell and quote me in your sig lines as well.

6. CatBoris

CatBoris Member

Seems like I'm the only one who loves you around here :)

7. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

Cujo's got a fan!

8. Scorched_Earth

A wuss? Are you kidding me, sure ToEE ridiculously over powers your PC's, but in any standard d&d campaign that Giant would own everything. After all, CR 11 means you'd need a group of 4 level 11 PC's to even stand a chance. Then again, I'd say Snurre should be even more powerful, least a CR of 16, but I didn't make up his stats.

9. Scorched_Earth

A wuss? Are you kidding me, sure ToEE ridiculously over powers your PC's, but in any standard d&d campaign that Giant would own everything. After all, CR 11 means you'd need a group of 4 level 11 PC's to even stand a chance. Then again, I'd say Snurre should be even more powerful, least a CR of 16, but I didn't make up his stats.

10. Moosehead

Moosehead Rubber nipple

i think catboris was joking...

11. CatBoris

CatBoris Member

Moosehead thinks right :)

12. Scorched_Earth

Hmm...my mistake then, didn't catch your tone. I humbly apologize for the tiny outburst. It seems Snurre doesn't like being called a wuss.

13. halarious

halarious Member

getting back on track, there's the guy that makes shields, but only has one shield for sale, would it be simpler to add stuff to his inventory, and tweak his diologe.
    he is pretty useless as he is now.
    whatta you guy think?

14. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Generally speaking yuo can't fiddle with existing .mobs using ToEEWB, BUT inventories are an exception to that because they are very simple and they work off a 'treasure chest' which was the basic mob Agetian originally worked from to discover everythnig (the .mobs Liv and I used to spawn stuff pre-ToEEWB are actually treasure chest .mobs)

So yes it can be done. I have never had the slightest problem with the Giant's head quest, but Allyx's thing about having items availabe from the appropriate shopkeeper after achieving the appropriate quest makes sense, I like it :)

But that way it would have to be done via dialogue. I don't think we can achieve it via an inventory screen, wherein you only see certain items available for sale after a quest is complete. Inventories (at our current level of understanding) are all or nothing thnigs.

15. Morpheus

Morpheus Mindflayer Veteran

You could use two versions of the blacksmith, the standard one with his original inventory, and a modified one whose inventory contains the masterwork items. Once you complete his quest, the blacksmith is replaced with his masterwork-twin (i.e., the blacksmith object is destroyed, and blacksmith2 is activated). I haven't quite worked out how to do that yet, but it might be feasible.

Our Host!