Shopping with monster in party?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by AeoN2, Sep 27, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. AeoN2

AeoN2 Member

I've been searching old threads for clues on how to be able to shop with a character like Oohlgrist or Scorpp in the party (In my case I just like to spice up my party with suggestion+raised monsters).

There were mention of the reputation having a flag that controlled this, but looking through gamereplog.mes it doesn't seem that way. I also tried adding and removing various reputations with no luck.

Is there perhaps a script that runs first and checks whether I have a monster in the party when I talk to townspeople?

2. krunch

krunch moving on in life

try shopping in nulb

*shrug*

3. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

As far as I know it is hardcoded. It is the price you pay for having monsters in your party. Even the evil shopkeepers in Nulb won't deal with you if you have Scorpp, Oohlgrist or the demon Darley in your party. If you like the suggestion+raise recruitment strategy, try a bugbear. They make great additions to your party, start out pretty tough (though low level, but they will level quickly) and shopkeepers will still trade with you.

4. AeoN2

AeoN2 Member

Oh well... atleast I got confirmed that it isn't possible to change...

I guess I better do all the town-quests before I start building my party of monsters :)

5. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

but people still trade when you've got the giant PC I made, which is scorpps model and almost exactly the same as scorpp, so I think it might just be their names that are the problem or something little :scratchhe :shrug:

6. ordinaryjones

ordinaryjones Established Member

I'm pretty sure you just have to change their type in protos, from goblinoid or whatever, to humanoid. I can't remember exactly but I used to take monster parties through doing that. It's been a awhile but I would also create a new line usually, so I could give them a name.

7. Moosehead

Moosehead Rubber nipple

well, i know for a fact that it's not the model that poses the problem. it's not the creature type either. i think it's actually just the protos entries for scorpp, oolghrist and darley that are hardcoded to being big poops.

8. AeoN2

AeoN2 Member

Well it can't be only hard-coded for Scropp, Oohlgrist and monster npc's... because I get the same effect from a permanently suggested troll... Although my new Goblin Cleric works well with shops (too well, he sold off all his scrolls :p), and supposedly Bugbears work too... Right now I'm trying to find a Hobgoblin in random encounter to brainwash into becoming my Paladin :)

9. AeoN2

AeoN2 Member

Ack... Seems I fiddled too much...

I spawned my own Hobgoblin, too lazy to wait around for one to arrive, and did the process of "adding" it to my party...

But when I returned to Hommlet, not only wouldn't shopkeepers talk to me, but everyone attacked me on sight.

I used reputation_has command to check that I don't have the butcher of Hommlet flag, and used reptation_remove just in case, but no effect... Any ideas? Silly me didn't make a backup save before doing this :p

10. AeoN2

AeoN2 Member

Nevermind, managed to fix it. I tried many variations, but removing critter from party, then adding and removing butcher reputation, and finally travelling from Hommlet to Nulb to Hommlet again before entering the Tavern seems to have stopped people from attacking me.

Our Host!