Livonya's Beta 1.5 Mod.zip

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Livonya, Apr 23, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Dude, you are SO lame.

Also, the mod was meant to make the game harder, Liv said as much several times. You really gotta earn some of those encounters now.

What in the meadows are you having trouble with? If its the giant, may I suggest lots of grease spells, spiritual weapons, rays of enfeeblement, and just keep the heck away from him and gun him down from a distance!

2. OldSchoolGamer

OldSchoolGamer Lurking Sith

Maybe I'm just lazy and don't want to go looking for all these hidden sidequests...personally, I find endless sidequests a bore ingame, especially "Fetch and Carry" style. Ah, well...maybe I'll figure out how to run this straight melee group I want to run later...then again, if NPCs have...certain potions...it may prove futile come the temple...

3. ACE4490

ACE4490 Member

you don't have to do the side quest.

4. ordinaryjones

ordinaryjones Established Member

Try a slower approach, and don't be afraid to use every buff you have. With Liv's mod things are a lot harder, it might help to have a slightly larger party than your used too.

The fight with the skeleton priest can very difficult, but if you can kill his guards with turn undead he's not all that hard to take down.

5. OldSchoolGamer

I should have tried to Turn them, but my cleric had only been able to make some of the undead on the way flee...then again, that proably would have helped, too...

By using almost every buff spell I have in one fight, though...it just doesn't sound loke good policy...and it leaves my cleric and wizard without any spells...of course, Craft Wand would help...

6. Old Book

Old Book Established Member

Scribe Scroll is a much better choice than Craft Wand almost every time in ToEE. Scribed scrolls are cast at the level of the scriber, are dirt cheap for level 1 and 2 spells, and can be sold for a very nice profit if you have an appraise skill of 8 or higher.

Just a thought.

7. OldSchoolGamer

You know...quality advice...thank you...

*dashes off to make several Scrolls*

8. Doc

Doc Member

Problem solved.
    Wrong intall directory :ninja: .

The game is much better.

9. Devon_v

Devon_v Member

Is CN impossible without a rogue from level 1?

Is CN impossible without a rogue from level 1?

I'm playing 1.5.1, and the DC on the map chest in the CN intro is 25. The best I can manage is a 24. A pure-class rogue could open it, as well as an Elf with 20 Dex, but doesn't that prevent non-rogues from soloing CN alignment? (or parties without PC rogues from even starting the game)

I'll just reroll my Fighter/Rogue as a Rogue/Fighter I guess, but it still seems like a game-stopping issue for solo/non-PC rogue parties.

P.S.
    I've seen a referance to bashing chests that can't be picked in the FAQ on gamefaqs, but I can't figure out how to actually do this. It appears that bashing a lock is not in the game at all. Am I just missing something, or does the patch disable this?

10. merry andrew

merry andrew Member

Hello, and sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place:

In the Ego (Misc) section of the Journal, there seems to be a bug regarding the use of Bluff and Diplomacy. When a character uses Diplomacy, thier Ego page updates as if they had used Bluff.

For example, I just made a Paladin character and they just used Diplomacy for the first time. I went to check their Ego page and it shows that the only Misc skill they've used is Bluff, once.

11. Mezmeroz

Mezmeroz Member

I have deleted all the gibberish files in the map directory, but everytime i start the game up they reappear....what do i need to do???

Mez

12. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

They are supposed to reappear, man. They serve as a cache for game objects, and you need to delete it once so that the old object set can be replaced by the new one (including new things from the Livonya's Mod). Of course, they will appear again the next time you start the game (in updated state), so that is perfectly normal.

- Agetian

13. Peeter

Peeter Member

How is 2.0 coming along? Sorry for asking the obvious question but its been weeks since it the time it was supposed to be released. I've noticed that Livonya hasn't been online since then either. Does anyone have any information on whether she's finalising the mod or is her real-life problem preventing her from uploading it?

Thanks in advance.

14. POEE

POEE Member

Thank you, thank you for all your hard work Livonya! :clap:

15. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Re. Livonya. Check the general forum for a message explaining the absence from the boards.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!