Favorite Battles

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by nunya fukinbiz, Jul 11, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

We must've been typing & posting all at once, there... :confused:

If Lareth came out of his spider-hole, the entire complexion of the battle would change.

2. ACE4490

ACE4490 Member

say what?4490

3. ACE4490

ACE4490 Member

i have no idea what your saying.

4. ACE4490

ACE4490 Member

sorry i'm stupid

5. Larathiel

Larathiel Member

When I played thru the game last time (when it first came out) many of the battles were bugged so cool fights like Iuz ended up being pretty annoying.

So far on this, my 2nd run thru (which I'm doing with a solo ranger/rogue) I had a lot of fun in the backdoor battle into the moathouse. Elmo trying his hardest to be stealthy was amusing and the distraction he provided the perfect cover for my elven commando to sneak up on the barbarian.

As I progressed thru the moathouse, I got truly worried knowing the battle with Lareth's forces was coming up and that was a good hard fight to try solo. Lots of fun. By the end of it, I was going nuts feeling like my elf girl had stepped right out of the fight with the Crazy 88 in Kill Bill. :D

The fight with the Hill Giant didn't d much for me since something that big being totally incapacitated by a simple Entagle spell felt cheap.

The tower fight also suffered from that problem, but it was still cool in a sort of Old West cowboy shootout way. Snuck in, Entangled everyone while Blinking, then rushed the small group to the east before having an old west style shootout with everyone else in the tower. What upped the ante though was getting bombarded with 3 enervation-type spells rendering shots from my longbow into pin pricks. However, a quick retreat around the corner and what should I find but the dead guys' crossbows... :rock:

Just got to the temple proper, can't wait to see how some of those battles go with a lone commando... :evilgrin:

6. nunya fukinbiz

nunya fukinbiz Member

I had almost forgotten the fight with Lareth's guards. That would be pretty high on the list for me too. I think Lareth coming out to help or the addition of a couple spell casters would certainly spice things up or maybe some reinforcements coming in from behind.

I should mention, all of these were with Liv's mod. I don't remember having as much trouble (read: fun) with the original game's battles.

Allyx--Did you bring enough young adult white dragons to share with the rest of the class? If not, please spit it out and put it in the trash. :chew:

nf

7. Steyr

Steyr Member

I think it's hard to find a more exciting fight than the battle to retrieve Black Jay's ring. ;)

8. Lord_Spike

"girl had stepped right out of the fight with the Crazy 88"

"You mean there's 88 of 'em?...

...No, that's just what they call themselves...the crazy 88."

:dead:

Somebody really should mod a Hatori Hanzo sword...

9. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

you mean a +5 longsword aint good enough?

what stats would a Hatori Hanzo sword have, and is it one or two handed?

hey I can make a yellow jumpsuit, please send your credit card details and I'll get back to you.

and punching the crap out of that pirate in Nulb is fun.

10. Lord_Spike

All Hanzo Swords are Katanas, and each one is unique...the one wielded by the Bride is +5 (...at least), and is Keen...with triple the normal threat range. Of course, the Golden Haired Warrior (aka the Bride; aka Beatrix Kiddo) is a master of the Katana (...and just plain damn good with any edged weapon). This particular weapon is Hatori Hanzo's finest, possibly the greatest weapon ever made by a man.

Upon delivery of the weapon, Master Hanzo said of the blade..."If in your travels, you should encounter God, God will be cut."

That's what I call sharp.

11. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

I know that all his swords are katanas, I have seen kill bill, I can - if I ever get around to it make one escept I don't know about the triple the normal threat range thing (including what its talking about)

12. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Hmmmmm... will have to wait n see what Liv does with 2.0, but having Lareth come out during the fight would be easy enough... EXCEPT for how it would influence the subsequent quests...

13. Steyr

Steyr Member

Well there's at least a couple of gods in the Temple just waiting to be cut. :)

14. Old Book

Old Book Established Member

If the danger of prematurely killing Lareth is too high, would it be possible to add a couple of Level 4 Wizards or Clerics to the defenders? Just a couple of Bless, Bane, and Spiritual Weapon or Monster Summonning spells would make that a much more interesting fight.

15. ACE4490

ACE4490 Member

That would make harder.

Our Host!