Arrow of Death

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by pitttbulll, May 6, 2020.

Remove all ads!
  1. pitttbulll

pitttbulll Member

Just wondering if the arrow of death is really as awesome as it sounds in the description.
    It almost seems like a game breaker, being able to kill anything it hits if it fails it's save.
    Seems like making the endgame too easy, just hit the final boss with it and if it fails the save, game over!
    Thanks.

2. Endarire

Endarire Ronald Rynnwrathi

Considering it's a level 17+ ability and by that point casters can spam holy word with a high caster level for a no-save-just-die against most foes, Arrow of Death is tame.

3. pitttbulll

pitttbulll Member

Thanks.
    Is that spell in the game using the co8 mod and temple+ mod?
    I know they raised the level limit to 35?, but did they also add new high level spells past the 5th level included in the original game?
    I thought holy word is a level 7 cleric spell so they have added that to the game and hopefully level 9 wizard spells?

4. Endarire

@pitttbulll There are level 9 spells for the appropriate spell lists, but there are far fewer high level spells implemented than low-mid levels.

5. pitttbulll

pitttbulll Member

Thanks.
    Do you know where I can find a complete spell list for the final modded game?

6. Endarire

@pitttbulll Some combination of the level up screens of the casting classes as well as just having a character of each class and domain able to cast all spell levels from his list.

7. pitttbulll

pitttbulll Member

8. florian1

florian1 Established Member

Bottom right corner of the screen is a "?" mark symbol, that represents the help menus. One of the menus is a list of all spells implemented for ToEE for each standard class. Not sure about the new classes and prestige classes. That info might require some digging.

I am currently playing KotB, which only shows the spells up to level 5. ToEE has spell lists for all the standard classes up to their maximum, i.e. Wiz 9, Bard 6, Paladin 4, etc

Last edited: May 12, 2020
  9. pitttbulll

pitttbulll Member

10. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Those menus only show what is linked in help.tab. I've tried to keep the KotB ones up-to-date (mods feel more immersive when they turn up in the internal help stuff etc, they stand out as user-add-ons less that way) but doubtless there are things that slipped through the cracks.

11. Endarire

@Shiningted
    When should we expect your modded spells to be integrated into T+?

12. Shiningted

Sorry, what? Which spells are these?

13. Endarire

@Shiningted
    Bucket o' Spells, domain spells, KotB spells, and any other spells you made. You were working on this project last year to consolidate everything and told the audience to bug you about your progress.

14. Shiningted

Ok... well, I forget. What I remember working on was a mod to tie all the current existing mods (Rudy's, my Domain one, fixes by Daryk et al) into one add-on. That got torpedoed (my children deleted it) albeit I did start again but yes, reminding me about that is quite valid, I will try to make some time on the weekend to work on it.

I don't recall saying I would bring over the KotB spells because I wouldn't. Adding 'Disguise Self' or 'Tongues' or other such things found in KotB would have no meaning in ToEE.

15. Endarire

Benign transposition was the most notable KotB spell I thought should be ported, not tongues.

Our Host!