Is there a Character Editor for ToEE?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by DanDavis, Feb 9, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. DanDavis

DanDavis Member

Has anyone found or created a character editor for this game? All I really want to be able to do is make sure I get maximum hit points for each PC each level, but I haven't been able to find anything yet.

2. Lord Plothos

Lord Plothos Established Member

If that's all you need, do this instead.
    Every time you level up, just set everybody's HP to the level it should be. You can do this in game by calling up the console (hold shift-~) and typing in:

game.party[X].stat_base_set(stat_hp_max,Y)

Only instead of X, put the number of the character you want to alter -1 (that is, put 0 for your first character, 1 for your second, etc.). Instead of Y, put the number of HP you want them to have prior to getting any extra for constitution (that is, 10 for each level of fighter or paladin, 4 for each level of wizard, etc.).
    It's really fast and you only need to level up once to max HP.

3. DanDavis

DanDavis Member

Thanks!

Next time I level up I'll give it a shot.

4. Sancuary

Sancuary Member

Im glad someone mentioned this, Is there ACTUALLY an editor? If there is, please let me know

5. dulcaoin

dulcaoin Established Member Veteran

6. Delicieuxz

Delicieuxz Member

I could use some guidance on how to use the character editor. I've downloaded both the latest stable release and the latest beta. Neither detect any files in my GoG ToEE (with Temple+ patch) folder, including the saved games folder.

I'm wanting to edit my party characters because I gave my level 3 ranger the Rapid Shot feat, before realizing he already had it for free from the Archery specialization. So, I suspect that I just threw away a feat. And I have no save games from before I levelled him up and gave him the Rapid Shot feat for a second time.

My party is already weakish and I'm having a really hard time with the game so far, so throwing away a feat isn't something I want to do. If I can't get that feat back I might start the game over (which I really don't want to do) or I might just stop playing the game. I'm hoping I can get that feat back by editing the character with the downloadable program or perhaps manually in a text file somewhere.

7. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Since you're using t+, you can enable the dungeon master and edit your char ingame. Or just use the console if you prefer.

8. Delicieuxz

Delicieuxz Member

That's great to hear! Thanks for sharing that. I'm looking into the T+ DM now.

9. Delicieuxz

Delicieuxz Member

I've searched through the T+ DM and I don't see any way to edit party characters. Mobs can be modified and a rival party can be loaded, but I don't see a way to edit the stats or feats of the player party.

10. Delicieuxz

Delicieuxz Member

I've learned that to edit the characters, DM has to be opened in the game and the character to be edited must be right-clicked on. That worked, and now I'm able to edit my characters. That's awesome.

I'm curious about something, though. My ranger and wizard characters show their constitution in the DM as being 2 above what it actually is in the game. So, while in the game it's at 8 and 9, in the DM it shows as 10 and 11. If I increase it in the DM from 11 to 12, it increases in the game from 9 to 10. Is there a reason for this discrepancy?

11. Endarire

Endarire Ronald Rynnwrathi

@Delicieuxz Do those characters have racial stat adjustments? If so, that's likely why.

12. Delicieuxz

Delicieuxz Member

That would explain it. Thanks!

Our Host!