Co8 8.1.0 bugs

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by sirchet, Aug 15, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. Endarire

Endarire Ronald Rynnwrathi

The spell permanency bug was at least partially fixed in Temple+.

2. adrian5000

adrian5000 Member

ahh thanks, so this can happen at anytime? wasnt really to do with the balor just coincidence?
    i ll have to keep a better eye out now, pretty much all the protection spells except lesser globe would be great to have permanently heh

3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Well I tihnk we can safely say it's a bug, and it vaguely sounds like something that has been reported before. Much like the 'don't use Scather' limitation and the fact that he alone can blat your party with his explosive death effect, this might be likewise some problem that comes up due to his unique effects. Not much to add except don't use that spell ;)
    Yup, that was the workaround we came up with to fix things, sorry if it spoils your log book.

4. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

I think you can achieve the same effect with d20signal S_Critter_killed or whatever that was.

5. florian1

florian1 Established Member

A couple of minor bugs I have noticed.

I have seen Leucratta attack and even kill their own allies (usually a Jackalwere [or is it a Werewolf?]), and several times casting cure spells on the PCs, during wilderness encounters.

The Remove Curse scroll in Burne's shop shows it as a caster level 5 spell (i.e. it is a 3rd level spell), but it should be caster level 7, as it is a 4th level spell (and does get added to the 4th level spells a wizard has properly).

6. Zelnorack

Zelnorack Member

The strings which would have containers broadcast if they had items inside have been blanked, so barrels and other containers no longer say "Empty" or "Not Empty" when moused over them.

7. Shiningted

Correct.

(4 years first post! :) Welcome finally!)

8. spud69

spud69 Member

I had a look but could not see this one reported...

Poison: Striped Toadstool has no description when you click the poison icon below the character. Appears to be 1D6 intelligence. Somehow I got it after killing Zugg and her little creatures although my mage was invisible and not in hand to hand combat with any creature...

9. sigofmugmort

sigofmugmort Established Member Supporter

It's an AOE effect, similar to a Vrocks spoor attack or a death burst like the fungi on lvl 3 with the Lamia

10. spud69

spud69 Member

cool. thanks, and a second question/bug?

Not sure if this one is a bug or not... Before Verbobonc, if a party member was say lvl 10 while the rest of the party was lvl 11, they would get a little more xp time xp was awarded. That does not seem to work past level 10.

11. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

I am surprised that lvl 10 party members actually got more experience than lvl 11 party members as the original ToEE game is limited to level 10 and although Co8 added another 10 levels the experience calculation was not extrapolated.

One of the significant changes Sitra Achara made to Temple+ was the correction of the experience calculation (up to level 50?)

12. spud69

spud69 Member

and me again :)

I "happened" to loot the gem stash with a sneaky thief from the throne before killing Zuggy. I had it stashed in the extraplanar chest. Now I am in Verbobonc and was going to sell the gem stash however when I try and remove it from the chest, the chest disappears and a "throne of gems - gems removed" appears in its place - which is empty but the hoard of gems is now in my characters inventory. It looks like the throne is a container so this could be a crash loop that I've somehow stored a container within a container.
    When I try and re-summon the Extraplanar chest, I also get a report that the chest has been left in Verbobonc map area 5121 which I cannot find anywhere.

13. spud69

spud69 Member

and I might have got my levels wrong for the experience question then.... it could have been majority of party was lvl 9 and my wizard still level 8 after crafting some items.

so Sitra's "correction" of the experience calculation means that lower level characters no longer "catch up" on experience then?

14. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Lower level characters do earn more xp per encounter, but the difference isn't so great that they will ever truly catch up with the others.

15. Shiningted

Noted.
    I don't know that you need to find it, just go to map 5121 and try to summon it. That should 'put it back in'. Sorry if you already tried that.

Our Host!