ToEE Modpack problems

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Adam1983, Oct 25, 2019.

Remove all ads!
  1. Adam1983

Adam1983 Member

Hi, I wasn't sure where to post this. I bought ToEE on gog and installed the latest Circle of Eight Mod Pack. I did everething as instructed. However, after activation the modpack I am not sure it works properly. First of all, I can't find any options concerning specific mod features (enable/disable larger party etc, max health on levelups, additional portraits etc.). Moreover, when I begin my adventure, even if I take more than 5 heroes, there are only 5 in the game. Is there any way I can check if the mod is complete and works correctly? If not, maybe I am doing smth wrong? Isn't there any way to enable/disable specific mod options?
    Please help.
    Thanks in advance,
    Adam

Last edited: Oct 25, 2019
  2. Nightcanon

Nightcanon Garrulous Halfling

It sounds like you haven't got everything installed correctly. When you say you've followed all the instructions, do you mean the ones here:
    https://co8.org/community/index.php?threads/the-circle-of-eight-modpack-explained.7737/

The most important bit is probably to make sure you install the Co8 files in the correct folder- the one your TOEE installation is is.

3. Adam1983

Adam1983 Member

Yes, I did everything accordingly . I installed all the files in my original TOEE installation folder :( Is there any way to check what's lacking and what's wrong?

4. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Well, let's do the basics.

Firstly, when you start the game, are you using the FrontEnd? I assume you are since you talked about activating it, but are you then using the Options tab to choose more than 5 players?

Also, when you start the game, do you start in the shop map? That's a pretty good indicator you have the modpack running properly.

EDIT: And do you use "Run as Administrator"? That used to make a difference in older versions of Windows, not sure if it still does.

Our Host!