Temple+ Modding Question

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by _doug_, Feb 21, 2018.

Remove all ads!
  1. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

I believe so, since I was testing with a level 1 bard and resting 24 hours to end the effects, I recall hearing the end song sounds, I hope I'm not mis-remembering.

2. DarkStorm

DarkStorm Established Member

Yeah, start/end should work, the equation above uses eventType=0 for start and eventType=1 for end and just adds it to the sound id (which is also why it would need to multiply the instrumentType by 2 to begin with heh).

3. _doug_

_doug_ Established Member

FYI: I added a fix for the sound issue to my Fochlucan Lyrist pull request.

WinstonShnozwick and Pygmy like this.
  4. WinstonShnozwick

WinstonShnozwick Established Member

There are male and female versions of the singing (type 0) sound files for some of the bard songs as well, I imagine they are probably being unused.

5. _doug_

Cool! Do you know the IDs of the begin and end sounds for the male and female voices? I would like to make them work.

6. _doug_

After a bit of investigation, it looks like there are sound files for female voices but no protos setup. Should be doable to add them.

7. WinstonShnozwick

When I looked through the files I unpacked, I saw male and female sound files for some of the songs (not all), but the spell sounds tab file did not have the female sounds in them IIRC, so it's like something that was there but never implemented.

Changing the equation to check for gender when the instrument id is 0 (but I think not all songs have female versions, so be aware of this) and updating the sound tab to include references to the female sounds would do it I think.

8. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Adding new female versions of the male songs that have missing female counterparts should be easy enough for @Gaear to do, if he is so inclined to do so. Adding new sounds for the added Co8/Temple+ (can't remember who added them) may be a little harder, but not drastically so I'd imagine.

9. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

It might be superfluous (and maybe Troika felt that way and ditched the gender distinction), as IIRC what we're talking about here is just the little fanfare at the end of the jingle? That's just a pitch bend of the same synthesized sound (not even a human singing) to sound man-ish or woman-ish. Not really a big deal.

10. _doug_

I went ahead and added the code to play different sounds for female bards. I didn't hear much difference between the male and female bard songs that were in TOEE. So I am not inclined to add the change to temple+ unless there is interest.

11. WinstonShnozwick

I'd say that if it was easy and the code is already done, and we have valid unique sound/graphical assets that are available, there's no harm in adding them.

12. _doug_

The way it is now, it plays the female song for counter song, fascinate and competence. The male songs always play for suggestion and courage. Does that sound like the best way to do it?

13. WinstonShnozwick

Yep, those were the only ones I found song files for when unpacking .dats.

14. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

I wonder if anyone can please help me? I am looking for the setting/definition of "Arcane Archer Spellcasting" as in:
    def GetSpellCasterConditionName()
    return
    "Arcane Archer Spellcasting"

in the scr/Tpmodifiers file for arcane archer?

I am looking to introduce spell extension as per Pathfinder, having not found a reason to wait for 17-19 levels for a phased death arrow once per day so far. [Imbue arrow was surely made for Crushing Despair and Fear? which means F2/Wiz8/ArcArch9 or Bard8/ArcArch9]

15. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

That may be an unused thing, but my memory is foggy. You can just look for all files with *archer and find everything you need.

Our Host!