Call for Help: Localized ToEE Versions

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by DarkStorm, Oct 1, 2019.

Remove all ads!
  1. DarkStorm

DarkStorm Established Member

So, while I personally only play the English version of ToEE, I do understand that many people simply aren't comfortable playing an unlocalized game. Co8 has always been english only (and for good reasons), and even GoG only offers the English version of ToEE.
    Players who still own the localized versions couldn't even play them with the most basic fixes today.
    To assess how viable it would be to actually make a multi-language fixpack, we'd need to actually find and collect the installation files for the different translations of ToEE that are out there.
    So far, I found a digital seller for the German version and there's obviously GoG still selling the english one.

Does anyone else have access to other languages? I know CD Projekt Red previously did the Polish one (and we might get the relevant files that way). What other versions are there, and how does one get them?

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

I found this webpage which has handy links to a couple of localized versions (French and Russian) and notes a Polish version but no link to the localisation files, exactly how out of date they are in terms of code and added dialogue lines I have no idea for certain, but I expect it's limited to patch 2 at best.

3. DarkStorm

DarkStorm Established Member

Yes, and they only contain the translated text (which would certainly be a start). It'd be awesome to have the translated audio as well though.
    I guess we'd need to find someone who has a french (or polish) CD-ROM of ToEE collecting dust in their cupboard :p

Our Host!