The Atari Buglist

Discussion in 'Bug Lists' started by Gaear, Oct 11, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Basil the Timid

Basil the Timid Dont Mention the War

The enhancement bonus granted by magic vestment when added to a non-magical shield does not stack with the enhancement bonus on magical armor. The enhancement bonuses to armor and shields do stack when the items are either crafted or in protos.tab. The problem appears to be the spell.

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

I don't think it's supposed to stack with actual armor Basil, it's for clerics that are too cheep to buy good armor ;)

3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

No he's right, it's an enhancement bonus, and it works on shields (heaven only knows why you would cast 'vestment' on a shield, but you can).

The script is just a call to the engine though, we can't fix it. On the up side, you can probably cast it on a magic shield and get both enhancements and have a +10 shield or something ;)

O and welcome back Allyx. KotB will be ready any day now, I swear it!

4. Herk

Herk Member

Ego misc bluff diplo.jpg Hello, there is a very minor issue in the vanilla game that made its way to the Co8 modpack : under the miscellaneous subtab of the ego tab of the logbook, the counter for Diplomacy and Bluff successes are inverted. Bluffs are counted as Diplomacy achievements and vice versa. I edited the .mes file responsible for the displaying of theses counters and inverted them so to display the correct counters for the correct prowesses. In case somebody else woudn't find this very minor issue totally negligible, I share the edited file here. It has to be put in the ToEE/data/mes folder. There shouldn't be an existing file in that location having that name, as the Co8 modpack doesn't extract the unmodified original there.

Attached Files:

5. Shiningted

Just saw this, great work Herk :)

Herk likes this.
  6. DarkStorm

DarkStorm Established Member

Bug in py00013miller servant.py:

Code:
    def visited_church( attachee, triggerer ):
        game.global_flags[302] == 1
        return RUN_DEFAULT

It should set flag 302, but it compares it pointlessly. This causes the NPC's dialog to never change over to having visited the church.

p.s.: This is still present in Co8 I believe.

7. DarkStorm

Bug in py00016prosperous farmer.py:

Code:
    def give_sword( pc ):
        item = game.obj_create( 4222, pc.loc )
    [...]
    It should be "pc.location"

I also think this is still present in Co8, but I am unsure of the effect.

** I think this one might be irrelevant because the dlg now uses create_item_in_inventory(4222,pc) rather than this function. so ignore this one ;-) **

8. DarkStorm

Here's one more that also affects Co8:

in py00116Tolub.py:
    Code:
    def san_dying( attachee, triggerer ):
        if should_modify_CR( attachee ):
            modify_CR( attachee, get_av_level() )
        game.global_flags[97] = 1
        if (game.quests[36].state == qs_accepted):
            game.quests[36].state == qs_completed <-----------------------------------------------
        return RUN_DEFAULT

That should be an assignment, the comparison will do nothing and not complete the quest.

9. DarkStorm

Spell707 - Potion of Hiding and Spell707 - Potion of sneaking:

Code:
    target.obj.condition_add_with_args( 'sp-Potion of hiding', spell.id, ---------->effect_duration<---------, 0 )
    This variable is not defined in those scripts. It should probably be spell.duration.

10. Allyx

@DarkStorm Would you be able to correct the broken code and upload the files, rather than just pointing out mistakes, it would make life a little easier for those wishing to test the fixes you are pointing out.

11. DarkStorm

I can, but to what baseline do I apply it? I am currently working on the basic ass vanilla scripts (Patch2), I guess no one here really cares about those. I'll get to the CO8 scripts later. Is there anything newer than the scripts in 8.1.0.?
    I'd just patch those files I think.

12. Allyx

Yeah, if you could post fixed files for anything you find that's obviously still broken on Co8 8.1.0 NC and/or Standard that would be awesome, I think @Shiningted said he was working on compiling an addon patch, this will help him in this task.

Much appreciated.

13. Shiningted

I'm fine with him just posting the bugs here.

14. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

And that's why you SHINE, Ted... :)

15. Herk

Herk Member

The only inaccurate behavior I noticed and could reproduce is that Combat Reflexes grants one less attack of opportunity than it should.
    Per the rules and the ToEE description, it should grant the one AoO everybody can perform and an additional number of AoOs equal to the dexterity modifier of the character which possesses the feat.
    So a Dex +2 character should be able to make 3 AoOs while a Dex +4 character could make a maximum of 5 AoOs.
    In ToEE the Dex +2 character will only make 2 AoOs while the Dex +4 character can perform 4 AoOs maximum.

Tested with Co8 8.1 with and without Temple+ with the same results, so I suspect this is a vanilla Atari mistake.

On a side note, given that behavior, I would have thought that a character with no positive modifier to his dexterity would not be able to make a single AoO if it has the feat, but it seems he can and that he is correctly able to make his unique AoO even if flatfooted (tested only with Co8 with Temple+ with a Dex 10 character).

Our Host!