Temple+ Modding Question

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by _doug_, Feb 21, 2018.

Remove all ads!
  1. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

You haven't addressed my concern.

2. WinstonShnozwick

WinstonShnozwick Established Member

The alternative is dropping features.

3. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Isn't Bardic music proficiency determined by the "Perform" skill?

4. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Affected by, not determined by. Anyone can take ranks in perform, but only Bards get any in game benefit from doing so.

5. Sitra Achara

Winston, I'll be frank. I think you spend way too much time on rules minutiae and fussing over little details. That is of course your prerogative, but I'm not inclined to devote what little spare time that I have nowadays to support that. I won't stand in your way if you want to fork Temple+ and do your own thing, but at this point I can't guarantee your changes will make it into the main Temple+. Especially so given that you already disappeared once without saying a word.

DarkStorm likes this.
  6. WinstonShnozwick

That's expected. I will take your advice and fork then.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
  7. Sitra Achara

Thanks for understanding, and good luck!

8. _doug_

_doug_ Established Member

FYI: I got the Fochlucan Lyrist working in temple+. Just needed a few tweeks. I also started on adding the druid and bard features. Hopefully I will have if all working next week.

Pygmy likes this.
  9. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

Yes sorry Doug I have discovered I fell straight into the sleight of hand skill trap and the survival skill trap. Thanks for all the hard work done so quickly

10. WinstonShnozwick

What are all of the sources of concealment in the game currently? I know of these.
    -Invisibility
    -Blur
    -Blink
    -Displacement
    -Invisibility Sphere
    -Greater Invisibility

The invisibilities (only tested the first but I assume sphere and greater follow suit) use type 8 for the bonus type, but the other ones listed (blink, blur, displacement) use type 19, which was undocumented.

Looks like concealment is not made to work correctly http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/combatModifiers.htm#concealment
    Multiple concealment conditions should not stack, only overlap per SRD, however the game treats them as stacking, which is a major gamebreaking exploit/defect. Just cast invisibility (50% miss) twice on your character to get 100% miss chance, and nothing can hit you. Or cast blink twice, or blur 5 times, etc.. You can even currently run right over 100%, even though that wouldn't do much.

I'm researching this question as to how it SHOULD work and it's not actually cut and dry what exactly is meant by the SRD, there are different consensus' on other websites. The one thing I'm sure of is that the current implementation - outright adding percentages together - is wrong. I don't know what is the right one though, just taking the highest miss chance as the overall value, or multiplying them together - two 50% = 25%, maybe something I didn't think of.. Any thoughts? I think the former is the simplest and also the most agreed upon one.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
  11. _doug_

Quick question: Where in the code does the bard fascinate ability decide on how many targets it can effect based on the bard level? I can't seem to find it.

Thanks!

12. WinstonShnozwick

In the scr folder, the file is Spell3003 - Bard Fascinate, paired with rules/spells/3003 - Bardic Fascinate

Speaking of, I'm playing with a Bard and none of the music sounds are correct for any of the songs. When I'm holding a flute I don't hear the flute version of the songs play, when I hold a drum I don't hear the drum versions play, etc....

13. _doug_

The number of targets is not calculated in that file. It's hiding somewhere else unless I am missing something. "For every three levels a bard attains beyond 1st, he can target one additional creature with a single use of this ability." That calculation is somewhere in the code but I can't seem to find it.

As far as music goes I generally have sound off when I am testing, but maybe I'll check that out.

14. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Is it in the spell's .txt file? I'm not at my desk to check, but targeting info is usually in the text file in the Spells folder.

15. _doug_

The spell has the following target information:

mode_Target: Multi
    mode_Target: Once-Multi
    mode_Target: End Early Multi
    min_Target: 1
    max_Target: -022
    radius_Target: 90

So I was assuming that the max number of targets was calculated somewhere else unless -022 has some secret meaning.

Our Host!