New spells

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Shiningted, Aug 29, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

Thanks for the mention, Ted! I'm honored to be in the same sentence with you and Rudy... :)

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

No worries dude, we need all levels of contribution :)

Including testers. @Endarire, where are you? Could you give this a test please? <poke poke>

3. Endarire

Endarire Ronald Rynnwrathi

Thankee!

Today has been a good day for ToEE posts!

4. Endarire

In KotB 1.01 using Temple+ 1.0.75 with flaming sphere installed as mentioned above, I didn't see the spell to learn at Druid3, Wiz3, nor Sor4. The 3.5 SRD calls it a Druid2, Sor2/Wiz2 spell. This is after I started a new game to test this spell specifically. I had the same problem when I tried an existing save and console leveled our Sor to 4 to check for flaming sphere.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2019
  5. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Yup, looks like @Shiningted forgot to include the text file for the spell, and instead just posted his modified script.

6. Shiningted

You know, I dont even remeber the "make the zip" part of all this (though I do recall making the folders in it). I'll fix it when I get home. I should also mention its designed for ToEE and NOT KotB as they have different spells- the KotB version will be in the long overdue v2.0.

7. Shiningted

Ummm, guys, the txt file is definitely there where it should be in data/rules/spells, can someone else give this a go?

8. Allyx

Ah, my apologies Ted, I was checking the contents of your upload from my phone since I'm away on holiday for a few more days, and only saw the .py file in your .zip because that was the default file unzipping it landed on. I'll be able to check it out Saturday evening, though I suspect @Endarire will beat me to it.

9. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

This is great thank you Ted - spell works perfectly and appeared on level up of existing game. I will have to avoid moving the party as a whole out of melee when the sphere is present if I am to avoid anymore self-inflicted burns!

10. WinstonShnozwick

WinstonShnozwick Established Member

I've had a bit of investigation into spells but not too much since I'm a bit far off from them, but when it comes to new spells, I believe there is a list of spell ids (like around 700 in the game currently?). Is there a maximum range of values that can be used, and what is that? When I eventually get to working on psionic powers, I'm probably going to treat them like spells for simplicity of the game engine using them, and I would want to make sure they aren't using an existing spell id.

11. Allyx

I believe the maximum number of spells has already been reached in the non-Temple+ game, though I also believe @Sitra Achara has already made new spell numbers available with Temple+, which won't be an issue since your whole psionic class will require Temple+ anyway.

12. Shiningted

@WinstonShnozwick - check spell.mes in the zip I posted to see if there are any free spell slots, otherwise as Allyx said Sitra had probably overcome that for Temple+

@Pygmy - thanks for testing that!

@Allyx - assuming I forgot to do something is usually my go-to for any mistakes too :p

13. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

14. Endarire

Ted the Shining: Does this flaming sphere come with craftable, usable wand and craftable, learnable Wizard scroll?

15. WinstonShnozwick

WinstonShnozwick Established Member

Our Host!