Wrong pc talking

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Ludget, Aug 1, 2019.

Remove all ads!
  1. Ludget

Ludget Member

There is one thing in the game I'm really fed up with: Whenever a conversation is started while more than one pc is active, it's usually not the party diplomat who is selected by the game to do the talking.
    I managed to edit the scripts so that the party leader is chosen as dialog triggerer, but that only works when I initiate the conversation. If the npc starts (by map trigger I guess), it seems the script is ignored and the game still randomly? selects which pc does the talking.
    Is there a way to either edit the map triggers or make it possible to swap the talking pc during dialog?

2. Endarire

Endarire Ronald Rynnwrathi

Alternatively, what about forcing all NPCs to talk to the leader by default?

3. Ludget

Ludget Member

That's exactly what I want. Is that possible?

4. Endarire

Endarire Ronald Rynnwrathi

When @Sitra Achara becomes more available, he may include this in Temple+ as a house rule.

5. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Yes it is possible, many npc's have already received this treatment, however a few have been missed, no specific effort has been made to uniformly eradicate this kind of issue as yet.

6. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

NPCs who initiate chatter via heartbeat should do this (with the usual checks for in range and not dead etc), yes.

Our Host!