Icewind Dale: ToEE - Total Conversion

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale Total Conversion' started by Allyx, May 7, 2016.

Remove all ads!
  1. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Hey Al, I've started the Vale of Shadows tombs, just wanted to say I am using the art and map files naming stuff from the 24.9.17 update which had all the Kuldahar maps in it (apparently I renamed the Vale of Shadows maps at the time. So I am using those names).

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Ok cool, guess I need to put in some hours and make some progress on this mod, I've been slacking for far too long.

3. Shiningted

Hey Al,

I am afraid I have hit a snag. I spent a few days playing both the original EE and the Co8 mod (which was very fun :)) through to Kuldahar, then sectored the first tomb in the Vale of Shadows. Unfortunately, once I went in to test, the size seems all wrong. See pic below: the left is the original EE game running the default party that IWD suggests you use, the second is with a party of default characters in ToEE (Jozan etc) I probably should have had them stand in the same spot but anyway, I hope you can see the one on the right the ToEE characters look way too big. I've included a copy of the maps folder so you can hack it into a game with the 'ground' files you gave me if desired. IWD Tomb 1 again.jpg

Attached Files:

4. Allyx

Oh wow, ok, I think I may have extracted the mini map rather than the actual map.

I'll have to extract all the proper maps again, and make sure the rest are the right size, and find the maps that have had the doors already removed from them, and include those in a new upload.

5. Allyx

I have now extracted all the IWD maps again, all using the same method, and replaced the maps that have since been edited to remove doors and create night time versions of the outdoor maps.

The spreadsheet that lists all the maps and states whether editing is required/unnecessary/done suggests there are a few maps that still require editing, mostly in the later stages of the game. As I recall, there are also some areas that may require 2 maps (one that has a bell that may be cut free(?) and fall to an area below, and another that has a statue both intact and broken).

@Shiningted I'll upload what I have so far in the morning once I get home from work, edit the remaining maps soon, and double check the areas that need multiple maps, and make those new maps too.

6. Shiningted

Thanks dude :) Sorry to put you to all that work.

7. Allyx

If you can call it work, it's all just point, click, rinse, repeat stuff.

To be fair, once it's all done, I never need to do it again. Just move onto the next thing... populating maps, and adding Yeti's.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
  8. Allyx

@Shiningted I've prepped and split maps 3101, 3201, 3301, 3401, 3501, 3502, and 3503 and uploaded them to my one drive here. These maps should be the correct scale.

If anyone is interested in the spreadsheet I mentioned above, I'll link that here too.

The (almost) complete set of maps (a few still need editing as stated in the spreadsheet linked above, and a few duplicate maps need adding) can be found here, it's a large (309 mb) download though, and they haven't been split for use in ToEE yet. I dunno if you wanna go back through the Kuldahar maps Ted, a few of those buildings had the wrong maps assigned to them, IIRC it was the Church, upstairs at the Inn and another building in the town.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
  9. Allyx

I've now also uploaded the "doors closed" versions of the 11 maps that will need to be independent maps in their own rights as the "doors" fundamentally change the map image. Transitioning to these maps will need some clever scripting probably, they can be downloaded in the raw form here (21 mb).

I'll next make the images into the split maps for ToEE to use, get them into the game. I think some of the maps already in the demo have too many empty black tiles, so I'll see about removing the unneeded tiles as well.

@Shiningted I've now split those maps for ToEE use, you can download them here. Can you check the size is correct please?

I also included the door-less version of the upstairs map for the Kuldahar Inn - which for some reason was smaller than the one already in the Demo, I had to stretch the edited 512 x 512 pixel image @gabriel made to 600 x 600 to cover the old version perfectly.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
  10. Allyx

I've fixed my broken worldmap issue, this version of Temple.dll does not cause the issues that have been bugging me for ages.

_doug_, erkper and FDR4PREZ like this.
  11. Shiningted

Awesome news Al :) I've seen the other post about this and if there are lingering issues I will try to make some sort of contribution. Otherwise I will get back to sectoring the Vale of Shadows maps and hopefully we can have a release with that secion of the game sooner rather than never. Apologies for my recent absence, a lot f RL stuff including no computer due to my 17yo monitor finally packing it in.

12. WinstonShnozwick

WinstonShnozwick Established Member

Keep up the good work, this sounds extremely promising :) It would be fantastic to have a proper ToEE import for this game.

As a suggestion, are you using version control for the mod? I highly suggest so if you are not, it gives you "save points" for your changes to files so you can revert to specific histories of the mod and be sure that a particular save point was tested and working to fall back on and determine what changed to debug.

13. Allyx

@WinstonShnozwick I have been keeping a history of the mod versions released in my OneDrive cloud storage.

@Shiningted there is still an issue with the worldmap, I believe it stems from multiple areas using the various Temple of Elemental Evil worldmap locations - which I don't know how to change. There are other worldmap locations that can be used instead but swapping those around has so far been a problem for me.

14. WinstonShnozwick

WinstonShnozwick Established Member

Is OneDrive true version control like SVN or GIT? GIT provides a lot of power for versioning control, and is not that difficult to use. You could make a github for a repository and download git to access that repository.

15. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

I've tried getting Co8 to use git... it did not go well ;)

[​IMG]

sirchet likes this.
Our Host!