So, TemplePlus exists.

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Endarire, Feb 29, 2016.

Remove all ads!
  1. StrontiumDog

StrontiumDog Established Member

Ah, thanks!

2. StrontiumDog

Err, what benefits do the masterwork thieves' tools provide?

3. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

The answers to a multitude of basic D&D 3.5 questions are all on the 3.5 d20srd like I linked previously, in regard to that specific question, Masterwork Thieves tools grant a +2 competence bonus to Disable Device skill checks to pick locks and disarm traps.

4. StrontiumDog

Err, another question:- When I activate the dagger of venom to use its poison power, in onlinbe, normal d&d 3.5, it states that one has to use the power within the same round as the activation, yet the toee game seems to make things differently. with the activation of the poison power preventing any extra attack-with-poison power. Any comments? Thanks!

5. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

I believe the dagger has it power for one use per day, any additional attacks would be more than the one per day.

Can you make normal additional attacks, (without poison)?.

6. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

I thought the Dagger of Venom could be activated repeatedly, it only applies the poison on the next successful attack, but can be reactivated immediately.

As a side note, you can edit the Dagger of Venom in protos.tab to deal a different type of poison if you prefer, there is a file in ToEE (I forget the name) that specifies which poisons correspond to each number, change the number as desired, and now your Dagger of Venom is dealing one of the other poison types.

7. HeJason

HeJason JK2 Deity

I have a quick question. I am trying to level up my war mage in the latest version and it wants me to choose a class specific bonus feat, yet there are none for the warmage. Is there a file I can edit to assign some feats to the warmage class so I can level him up?

8. _doug_

_doug_ Established Member

This was my bug which Sitra Achara has already fixed for the next version. I think you can work around it for the time being by right clicking.

9. Endarire

Endarire Ronald Rynnwrathi

For T+ applied to KotB, remember these class skills for classes!

Arcane Trickster: Alchemy, Disguise, Knowledge (Nature), Speak Language, Use Rope
    Assassin: Alchemy, Disguise, Use Rope
    Beguiler: Alchemy, Disguise, Use Rope
    Mystic Theurge: Alchemy
    Scout: Alchemy (if it's considered a Craft skill variant), Knowledge (Nature), Use Rope
    Warmage: Alchemy

All the rest: Alchemy (if it's considered a Craft skill)

For T+ extra races, remember that Gray Elf gets all the standard High Elf stuff and +2 INT/-2 STR.

Gray Elf Traits (Ex)
    These traits are in addition to the high elf traits.
    • +2 Intelligence, -2 Strength.

10. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Thanks! Fixed gray elf in v1.0.74.

BTW, regarding bug reports: I'd appreciate if you could either use either the email (templeplushelp@gmail.com), the official Temple+ forum, or the ModDB forum for that.
    As it is right now it's harder for me to keep track of issues reported in this thread since it's a freeform mix of discussion and bug reports. The posts tend to pile up quickly, often with things unrelated to Temple+ itself. I have better management tools and much less clutter in the above.

Last edited: May 30, 2019
  11. _doug_

Thanks for taking care of that bug Sitra.

I can look into adding the skills that were suggested next time I have some time.

12. HeJason

HeJason JK2 Deity

The new version fixes it, Thx guys.

13. _doug_

Looks like only alchemy is missing (and speak language which is not in the T+ skill list). The other skills seem to be there. Where the skills not showing up correctly for you?

Also, it looks like they have skill_craft which I think should grant alchemy. Was it not doing this?

Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
  14. Endarire

Endarire Ronald Rynnwrathi

Aside from Alchemy (which no one has as a class skill in T+) and Knowledge (Nature) for Bards and Wizards (which Ted already acknowledged as a bug), all class skills for KotB via T+ were there.

15. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

No. While the outards of ToEE are 3.5, the innards are frequently 3.0. So, for instance, all the old 3.0 skills, like Innuendo, are there, as is alchemy as something seperqte (as it should be). 'Speak Language' actually runs off the internal "Decipher Script" skill for various internal reasons (I needed something that gave an Int bonus and would not be missed).

I always intended to use Profession and Craft for various different class-based things - Wizards would get Taxidermy for preserving body parts as material components, Druids woud get Herbalism for plucking up plants, Rogues would get Gemcutting, Fighters woud get blacksmithing - but almost all of that never came to pass. I had big dreams. I think you still do a Knowledge (Nature) check when you pick Belladonna or Wolfsbane, which is a leftover from that idea.

Our Host!