Co8 8.1.0 bugs

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by sirchet, Aug 15, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. messedup

messedup Crazy Warrior Supporter

Has anyone noticed that there are no experience points for completing the War of the Golden Skull: Defender and Of Castles and Quarries quests. After you kill the last person (or in the case of the castles the Dwarf King), it just says the quest is complete. Also, this is Co8 8.1.0 New Content. Also, I am running through with a level 2 person.

2. messedup

In the Walkthrough that I picked up here, you say that Fredrick can be picked up on the docks and he is level 1. If you use a female, you can get him in the Boatsman tavern, and he is level 2. Also in the Walkthrough, you say that Antonio's mace was a quest piece. You can still do that quest. It is just harder if you want to fight the Fire Temple after redistribution. You will have to kill the two bugbears outside where the priests are (no matter when) but if you go away and then enter, you can complete the quest.

3. messedup

I am going through again in 8.1.0 New Content. I get to Hickory Branch and I con only get 8 of 9 for the reputation. I keep looking for the captain outside of the cave but I can't find him no matter when I get there. Is there a way I can see where he is supposed to be? I have looked at the py file and I can't make heads or tales of it. I am still looking and going through again.

4. messedup

I am now doing the "What Lies Beneath" quest and I have found something that may be wrong...I found a map with all the possible locations where Panathaes may be. In one location, I have found a ring of fire resistance, minor. It this supposed to happen?

5. florian1

florian1 Established Member

Bazaar of the Bizarre sold me a Dominate Monster scroll that was identified as a caster level 3 spell. My Wizard was not able to copy it. I think Burne had some scrolls that had incorrect caster levels. Maybe its copied from that.

edit: the scroll of wind wall is listed as CL 3, when it should be

edit: true seeing is listed as CL9, when it should be CL11

Last edited: May 6, 2019
  6. messedup

Just redid the Leucrotta fight on the third level of the temple. I threw some fireballs and one said that I didn't overcome the spell resistance. I checked on it in the roll history, and that said that I had success. I got a 16 on the roll and bonuses and the spell resistance is 16. I am using Co8 8.1.0 new content and java 8.211

7. sigofmugmort

sigofmugmort Established Member Supporter

A 16 vs a 16 should be a spell resistance success, did it do damage?

8. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

If it's concerning a caster's DC it would say success or failure, but on SR I believe it just says no effect due to spell resistance.

I may be remembering wrong, but when I use magic missile against the Hag in the bog north of Nulb the missiles that succeed do damage and the ones that fail just give a "no effect" message.

Gonna have to run through there and see.

9. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Yeah there's a bug in the code, it is currently checking (roll + bonus <= DC) instead of (roll+bonus < DC). Will fix in Temple+.

Edit: oh, looks like I already fixed it a while ago, heh. At least partially.

10. florian1

florian1 Established Member

It seems that the Zombies in the Moathouse don't have Damage Reduction 5/slashing . Just noticed it in my most recent battle against them.

11. messedup

Has anyone noticed that if you recruit Bertam on the docks, his hit points don't add up correctly (14) to his class (10) and constitution bonus (2). Also, the walkthrough implies that you can only recruit him from the docks. This is false.

12. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Interesting. He seems to be specifically set in Protos.tab to have 12hp - so either the game is adding his Con bonus over and above that (unusual) or something else is going on. Heh.

13. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Wow, it's amazing to see that kind of error still exists... but yeah, the mobs indeed mostly lack the DR/Slashing modifier (some of them have Monster Zombie applied twice instead).

14. messedup

Just fought the Tower Brigand again. This time I had a Bard with silence. I figured I could pay back the witches (well at least one). I cast silence and it said that one witch was silenced. The problem was that she could still cast spells. Does she have the feat to cast without the vocal components of spells? If not, this is a bug. Also, I am using TOEE Co8 version 8.1 new content. I don't use Temple+...It does something to my computer.

15. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

The Tower Brigand fight was scripted by Livonya pre-Co8 v.4.0.0. The script dictates the enemies actions in that fight rather than using the standard Enemy AI routine method. It obviously doesn't have an "if silenced, do blah blah blah instead" routine in their script.

Our Host!