So, TemplePlus exists.

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Endarire, Feb 29, 2016.

Remove all ads!
  1. StrontiumDog

StrontiumDog Established Member

One minor issue:- In the last few upda tes, I have tried going to the cellar of the Welcome Wench Inn so as to use read magic to identify potions and scrolls quickly. The trouble is that, afterwards, I cannot go up the nearby stairs when I try. I have to , instead, go up the other stairs at the other end of the cellars.

2. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Why are you going down the cellar to identify? It should work anywhere in hommlet.

3. FDR4PREZ

FDR4PREZ Established Member

Some people like to read in private o_O

I certainly do a lot of reading while in my "personal library"

Kinda like this:
    [​IMG]

sirchet likes this.
  4. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

Well that would explain a few things about the bugs in the cellar, wouldn't it?

5. StrontiumDog

Oh, years ago, I thought there was this gimmick where one could cast read magic in the cellar and that would reveal all unidentified scrolls and potions in everyone's inventories. I did not know that one can do this in all of Hommlet.

6. florian1

florian1 Established Member

Temple+ made it work in all of Hommlet, and other safe areas as well, such as Nulb and Verbo. The Moathouse spider tower is also considered safe for scribing scrolls, and maybe for mass identifying of scrolls and potions.

7. sigofmugmort

sigofmugmort Established Member Supporter

Yes, read magic does mass identify potions and scrolls

8. StrontiumDog

Hmm , if I used the cheat code to travel to Verbobonc just to purchase some magic items without doing any Verbobonc quests, then use a cheat code to return to Hommlet/Nulb, would this disrupt the game?

9. sigofmugmort

Any use of the cheats can eventually cause a CTD, and since there are changes to both hommlet and nulb in New Content the results could be wildly unpredictable.

10. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Temple+ v1.0.70 out now, featuring the Scout and Warmage classes contributed by @_doug_ :)

11. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

A big thank you also to @_doug_

12. StrontiumDog

Thanks a lot! Now I can actually use that sudden widen feat etc. Now, another question:- In earlier toee games, I would kill off everybody in Hommlet and Nulb except, thankfully, for Mother Screng and her helpers, who mysteriously did not join in and attack. This was fun as Jaroo/Terjon were quite a challenge. This gained me a lot of additional XP prior to the introduction of Co8 and the Verbobonc etc. extras. I gather that killing any major characters in Hommlet prior to the War of the Golden Skull would ruin that particular quest, so that's out, but would killing off all Nulb characters other than Mother Screng and her followers in her house break any future quests once one has completed all the usual Nulb quests? It seems that wiping out major personages in Nulb or Hommlet at the end of the game brings so little XP, it's just not worth it.

13. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

Hi @_doug_ could you please tell me where to find the parameters which define the number of spells of each level in the warmage's repertoire? I have tried to add a existing spell as an additional cantrip in the /rules file which results in the game crashing on the start-up screen until the extra spell is removed? Thank you

14. sigofmugmort

So an 8th level warmage can wear Mithril Plate and use a mithril shield? Nice

15. florian1

florian1 Established Member

A wizard can use any armor with a 10% or less chance of spell failure if you give it the twilight enhancement. That includes Mithril Shirts, which can be had from Al Fong's in Nulb, if you visit his shop often enough. The game also allows a wizard to use a mithril buckler or a wooden elvish shield without penalty. Not sure if it works that way in the P&P version. Other arcane casters can also take advantage.

Our Host!