Modding NPCs that have already joined party and leveled.

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Barles, Apr 21, 2019.

Remove all ads!
  1. Barles

Barles Member

I want Elmo to have Longsword focus/specialization instead of battleaxe. Editing Protos.tab works but not if I've leveled him, or perhaps not if he's already joined the party (not sure which condition makes it stop working). Is there a way to mod the level 6, non-drunk elmo in my party?

2. florian1

florian1 Established Member

You can use the Dungeon Master option in temple+ to add feats to PCs. Maybe it works for NPCs as well.

3. florian1

I just tried it out, and you can indeed use DM mode to add feats to NPCs. It worked before and after a levelup for Elmo.

4. Barles

Barles Member

Activated DM mode and I see D tab on the bottom right corner next to the chat and dieroll tabs. When I click it, it brings up a pane with 4 drop down menus: Maps, Fudge Rolls, Monsters, and Import Rival Party. Where do I go to edit NCPs? I don't see them in the monster list.

5. florian1

After opening DM mode, select the character you want to add feats to, then right click on that character. That will open the menus to add features. In this case, find a feat you want to add, select it, then "add it", then "apply" (found at the bottom of the list).

6. Barles

Barles Member

You are a gentleman, thank you!

Our Host!