So, TemplePlus exists.

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Endarire, Feb 29, 2016.

Remove all ads!
  1. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

I created a folder on my hard disk called Modding 69 into which I copied toeextract.exe and tpgamefiles.dat from the latest version of Templeplus. As Allyx said you use your mouse to drag the tpgamefiles.dat file onto the toeextract.exe file.

The only problem I have ever had was when trying to perform the extraction on Onedrive when it was blocked

2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

You need to unzip the ToEEextract.exe file, and drag and drop each of the .dat files onto it. It should unpack the files into folders it creates named after the dat file that was extracted.

3. sigofmugmort

sigofmugmort Established Member Supporter

Are not the Favored souls supposed to get a weapon proficiency in their Dieties favored weapon? I just tried making a theme group and they did not ans my Halfling fighter was considered non-proficient in the small quarterstaff.

4. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

What version are you using? I issued a hotfix for this in v1.0.66.

5. sigofmugmort

1.0.65, so I need to update. THANKS

6. StrontiumDog

StrontiumDog Established Member

I have one last question before playing the game:- In the old days I would use a NE-aligned party to do all hommlet and nulb quests and then I would kill Terjon and Jaroo and the 2 bandits. Would killing the first two prevent me being able to do the much later defence of Hommlet quests towards the end? And would exposing the bandits to Burne(but not then killing them) prevent the assassin being summoned later on in the game? Thanks!

7. sigofmugmort

You have to sell something of Lareth's to the Traders to trigger the assassin

8. StrontiumDog

StrontiumDog Established Member

I know that. I was just wondering. I thought I read somewhere that one can get away with killing 2 Hommlet major persons, before one is persona non grata and in the past I was able to wipe out all of Hommlet and almost all of Nulb but still keep Mother Scrubb as a person to sell to.

9. sigofmugmort

I notice that my fighters are now proficient with all exotic weapons without taking the exotic weapon proficiency v1.0.69

10. florian1

florian1 Established Member

I just checked, by handing Scather to a fighter who did not have exotic weapon proficiency with the Bastard Sword, and he had to use Scather two-handed.

11. waltc

waltc Member

I find that ToEE & Co8 8.1 & Temple+ 1.0.69 and am very pleased so far with the result. My practice with the latest Java installation is to uninstall it immediately after I've run C08 to activate the 8.1 NC package, and from then on I run the game from the Temple+ exe, and everything seems fine. There's a slight Win10 font-scaling problem with Temple+Config.exe, the "House Rules" button doesn't show--I have to set the screen fonts back to 100% scaling as the "disable High DPI scaling" and "use the scaling called for by the application" button in the Temple+Config.exe shortcut just doesn't work here--but I suspect that is more to do with my version of Windows 10--the soon-to-be-released 1903 version, Build 18362.3. Setting fonts scaling to 100% works and the "House rules" button and its attendant--very nice!--options work fine. Strictly a minor issue as after setting the House Rules I return the desktop to its normal 132% font scaling! I have no trouble with the console or the commands, and I run the game at 1664 x936, which strikes the perfect balance between in-game character and font visibility (on my native 4k screen) while filling my 16:9 screen fully--which I also prefer. Aspect looks fine, actually. Co8 8.1 and Temple+ 1.0.69 allow me to fully enjoy this game, finally, since I purchased it in 2003 or '4, can't recall! Just want to post with a few Kudos! This is one of the most beautifully made games I have ever seen, frankly, and that's a lot of games! Troika was an incredibly talented bunch--rushed to publish, it always seemed to me! But thanks to you guys it can be played now!...;)

12. sigofmugmort

I was shopping and noticed that the line "you are not proficient with this weapon" did not appear for the Bastard sword, or dwarven waraxe, or Katana, or Gnome hooked hammer (it DOES for the Butterfly sword), When put in inventory they do not have the red border on the box and while the Axe, sword, and Katana DO need 2 hands the non-proficiency penalty was not applied.

13. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

The exotic weapon proficiency in those cases are to wield the weapons one handed. They can be wielded two handed as martial weapons with no penalty.

sirchet likes this.
  14. florian1

florian1 Established Member

I checked a bunch of the exotic weapons with a fighter.

The exotic Monk weapons all indicate the lack of proficiency, except the kukri description indicates that it is an exotic weapon, but a fighter seems to be able to wield it normally.

Bastard sword and Dwarven war ax can be wielded normally with two hands without EWP, which conforms to the 3.5 rules.

Gnome hooked hammer, Halfling Siangham, and Spiked Chain all indicate non-proficiency without EWP.

The red border in inventory was showing where appropriate.

15. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

The kukri should be a Martial weapon (plain daggers are Simple).

Our Host!