Icewind Dale: ToEE - Total Conversion

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale Total Conversion' started by Allyx, May 7, 2016.

Remove all ads!
  1. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Thanks for getting back to me Al. I think it has to be something to do with the pathfinding in the .dll since the changes I made were just not the sort of things to cause hangs - move folders around, move images on the map etc.

(Good to see you Dhoom!)

2. mercilec

mercilec Member

Hello. IWD 1 mod ? is this still active? if yes, at what stage is it.

3. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Hasn't progressed much since the demo release unfortunately, I hit a snag with the worldmap which has stalled things somewhat until I can manage to get that working.

mercilec likes this.
  4. Badsirbrian

Badsirbrian Member

Thanks for all your work on the TOEE stuff... Sad TOEE is so hard to work with to produce new content even with the world builder or even the official polish one (not available out there anymore)/ I have played the CO8 and KOTB mods many times over the years and have been hungry for more content but it seems like its way too hard to to get this IWD stuff converted. I was bummed to find there isn't any other "unofficial" modules made out there either. Good Luck, hope you can find a way to make IWD work!

5. Allyx

There is the Temple Plus mod, but that doesn't so much add new content, but adds new bug fixes, adds sub-races and prestige classes etc.

It's not impossible to finish the IWD mod, and I still plan to do so, I haven't found the time to dedicate towards it in a while, but it's not dead yet, just delayed.

sirchet likes this.
  6. Badsirbrian

Badsirbrian Member

Keep up the good work! I have the Temple Plus mod too, it's all great and does add some spice and replay to the game, especially CE/LE using drow and evil dwarf races. The giant class is too big to take many places and just gets stuck in doorways, but a wand of dimension door helps there. Troll class is OP but fun.

I think TOEE has been the truest D&D tabletop computer game ever and have played it 20+ times over the years along with KOTB demo/1.0.1 many times as well with different alignments. I looked into making my own modules but it seems way too much coding for me. If there was a GUI scenario builder (like civilization V had for example) I would personally create a lot of artwork and content from campaigns I created or added to 1E modules.

7. Shiningted

Ok Al, finally I've finished something.

Contained in the zip is:

Dlg and py files for:

Lysan (barmaid and priestess versions, complete with a run-off out the door of the Root Cellar)
    Aldwin and Amelia (including Eidan's ring quest implemented, but not scripting for staying at the inn)
    Whitcomb
    Oswald (complete scripting for upgrading the Girdle of Gond, and selling him the tools you found)
    Weenog
    Osrrick (complete scripting for getting your Yeti armour and wolf cloak, and the find Mythals quest))
    Gerth

All tested though worth testing again ;) O and I took care of any em-dashes I came across.

Also an updated gamesquestlog.mes

I'll do Conlan next (he's complex) and the couple of other Kuldahar denizens.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  8. Allyx

That's awesome work Ted, thank you.

I still need to fix the .dll worldmap problem and juggle those locations around so only 1 of the ToEE locations are used... done so little since the demo final was released. :(

9. Badsirbrian

Badsirbrian Member

What you aren't all done with IWD yet? :) had me hoping for more to play when I saw the notice...

Found IWD for $5 on GOG so I ran through the conversion demo last week. Pretty short but sweet.

10. Shiningted

Hey again Al,

Here is another update, this includes all the rest of the Kuldahar dialogue (plus everything from the 13/1/19 update, you only need this) and an updated gamequestlog.mes.

I'll now get to work on the Vale of Shadows dungeon maps and hopefully we can have a working Vale of Shadows and a second release sooner rather than later.

I was going to say more but it's my birthday (why doesn't the Co8 homepage have my birthday in 72 point glowing text like it used to?) and the Guinness has been at me.

Unrelated.

Attached Files:

11. sigofmugmort

sigofmugmort Established Member Supporter

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TED, I'll raise a glass to you

12. Allyx

Cheers Ted, nice one. Have a great birthday and may the hangover be short and painless.

13. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

Happy birthday indeed!

14. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Congratulations Ted on getting one year older!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!

15. Shiningted

Thanks lads, but I was actually lamenting that none of us get the shoutout on the front page any more. How long has that been gone? I've only just noticed it, so I am going to assume it's very very recent...

Our Host!