LFG - Who wants to play online Pathfinder?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sirchet, Feb 7, 2019.

Remove all ads!
  1. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

I want a DM like you Allyx. :)

We use a notepad and "The Theater Of The Mind". Heh heh

Allyx likes this.
  2. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Old school... I like it... Not for my games, but I do like it.

If I could figure out why the open port that Fantasy Grounds requires to work keeps closing itself on my laptop, and work out how to stop it from doing so, I might be tempted to DM some games for people here... cause that would be awesome.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  3. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

I'm sure a number of us would be just fine with play by post... :)

4. sirchet

If Allyx DM'd a game my dwarf, (Grannit Coldforge) would be first to show up.

I've been using FGII for years now, full license and all. ;)

5. Allyx

Oh boy oh boy oh boy, I think I figured out my Port Forwarding problem, I had to set a static IP address to make it work (haven't tested it out with an actual connection yet).

Does Co8 have a discord channel set up at all? I seem to remember someone posting about it a while back, I'll do a search in a bit.

Do we have enough interest to start up a group? Send me a message if you're interested in joining, and mention whether you have at least Standard Licence for Fantasy Grounds ('cause I don't have an Ultimate Licence yet) and what times and days you'd be available to join a game.

GuardianAngel82 likes this.
  6. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

My schedule is sufficiently uncertain that I'd prefer play-by-post, actually. Asynchronicity FTW!

7. Allyx

It just ocurred to me, that my own schedule isn't super wide open either, in fact, I'd really only be able to manage a game early on Sunday mornings, 8am to 12pm GMT, which would be late Saturday evening in the U.S. and Aussie prime time on Sundays.

I must confess, I don't know how play by post works, I should look into it.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
  8. sirchet

All freaking right!

Like I posted earlier, I have a full license and am very familiar with FGII.

My schedule is pretty open, although I am currently playing in a campaign on FGII that meets every two weeks at 8:30PM, (GMT -5). This Friday is game night for us.

I also have a mumble server for voice, (paid account) to make things easy.

If you look me up on Fantasy Grounds my name is ...... you guessed it, sirchet. :)

Allyx likes this.
  9. Allyx

Well I can confirm FG is finally playing ball with my PC, and happily reporting SUCCESS on the connection test.

I'm working on adding a few Spell Area of Effect Tokens into FG, I know there is a whole Markers thing, but sometimes the shapes you can make with it are just plain wrong.

Eventually I want to do the same with the multitude of Map Pack and Flip Tiles pdf's, so I can just drag and drop tokens to make custom maps on the fly... I have a week off work next week so, fingers crossed I can get those done.

sirchet likes this.
  10. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

Play by post is basically what it says on the label... The GM and players post actions back and forth. It's slow, but doesn't rely on being able to find a time everyone can be in the same "place" (physically or virtually). It was pretty much my only gaming for years, though I've found a live game in the last few months.

11. sirchet

Fantasy Grounds is very much like a live game except you don't have to share your munchies. ;)

Allyx likes this.
  12. Allyx

I've moved these posts to a separate thread since apart from posting pics of my live game, it has little to do with the topic at hand.

In an effort to get an actual game rolling (so to speak), please post below if you would be interested in playing games online through the Fantasy Grounds VTT. I am available to GM a weekly game on Sunday mornings between 7am and 12pm GMT (aiming for a 8am start time). I have a Standard Licence for Fantasy Grounds, so interested parties should similarly have a Standard or Ultimate Licence. Voice communications will be handled either through the Circle of Eight Discord Channel that @Endarire set up, or the Mumble server @sirchet mentioned in this thread.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
  13. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

If you can't find enough for live play, count me in for a play by post version!

Allyx likes this.
  14. sirchet

I'll get up early for a game with Allyx and friends. :D

We can certainly use my long standing mumble server that I've had for a number of years just for FGII campaigns.

15. Allyx

That would be a 2 am start time for you @sirchet... I could perhaps run a game from 2pm GMT till 7pm on Sundays for 4 or 5 hours instead, (3pm start). That would make it 9 am till 2pm in Florida. That should make it easier for most players... unless their names are Shiningted or Cujo...

Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
Our Host!