Temple+ Modding Question

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by _doug_, Feb 21, 2018.

Remove all ads!
  1. _doug_

_doug_ Established Member

I was thinking about adding Gold Dwarf and Strongheart Halfling but have a couple questions.

(1) Should I add a Forgotten Realms Races option to the configuration program since I think they are both FR races?
    (2) Why are there the two help_extensions.tab files? The only difference I see is that one file does not have the wall of fire spell.

Thanks!

2. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

1. That would be best.
    Going forward, I guess we'll make the races/classes toggleable per module (e.g. IWD)
    2. Wall of Fire is limited to co8 IIRC.

3. _doug_

I added the check box and the gold dwarf. Why did you decide to limit it to c08 only?

4. Sitra Achara

I guess i was too lazy to add a 'new spells' checkbox :p so i just assumed people who don't play with co8 dont want new content (i.e. fixes only), and vice versa.

5. _doug_

OK cool. I plan to add some spells at some point and I will probably do the same thing.

Two Questions: Is the elf ability to search for secret doors without trying implemented? Size for new races does not seem to add a bonus to hide automatically (It does add AC and hit bonuses). Should a +4 race bonus be added for small races?

6. Sitra Achara

Haven't seen any special secret door code for elves.
    The game has a SecretDoor time event that re-schedules every 1-2 seconds, anyway, so I guess the elf bonus is more or less granted to everyone anyway.

The hide bonus is indeed added per-race as a flat bonus... a bit dumb I guess, but oh well.

7. florian1

florian1 Established Member

I have definitely had elves discover secret doors simply by moving close to their location.

8. Sitra Achara

It should happen for all races with sufficiently high search skill.

9. florian1

florian1 Established Member

In 3.5, elves get an auto-search if they come within a certain distance of a hidden or secret door. Other races do not. They need to declare that they will spend some time searching an area. In the ToEE computer game, I suppose it doesn't really make a difference, since search acts virtually instantaneously.

10. _doug_

Thanks for the info on the elf search ability. I guess I don't need to do anything there.

I just added Ghostwise Halfling which should finish the IWD2 races. What is your schedule for releasing the next version?

Next I think I will try adding a new base class. :)

11. Sitra Achara

Very nice!

I think the next release is still about a week off at least. Got a couple of outstanding issues that need fixing, and not much time this weekend :p

12. Sitra Achara

Oh gosh, I actually managed to fix one of those, so one more to go now! (and DS is handling it, so it'll probably be worked out soon)

Do you have any additions you want in for this release?

I guess I'll probably release towards next weekend (in case any hotfixing is required).

13. _doug_

I don't plan to add anything else to this release except possibly bug fixes...

Glad to hear the release will be fairly soon! :)

14. _doug_

... and I just found something I think I should updated. I should probably add a flag to the race definitions that can be set to treat a race as it's base race for deity selection. That way tallfellows, wood elfs, etc... could be treated as halflings or elves for deity selection instead of a unique race. I should be able to sneak that in before release if that makes sense to you.

15. Sitra Achara

I guess the more general case would be to specify deities for each race (e.g. Lolth for Drow). But that's something that should probably be defined at the module level, since you could have different deities. I guess for now just inheriting from base race is enough.

Our Host!