So, TemplePlus exists.

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Endarire, Feb 29, 2016.

Remove all ads!
  1. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

This old issue will finally get fixed in the next T+ release :)
    The problem was that creatures charmed by lamia have leader_get() == OBJ_HANDLE_NULL. I guess it can also happen if you charm with an NPC who leaves the party or PC who dies.
    Speaking of next release, obviously it didn't make it for last month. Got at lesst one issue that needs fixing, and then some playtesting to do before it's out... so most likely sometime in december.

2. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Good to hear SA, Temple+ makes a huge difference with it's many quality of life features.

3. StrontiumDog

StrontiumDog Established Member

I have 3 questions:-

1) Is there any real chance of the new version of temple+ coming in December or January? I am reluctant to start a new pc game until the other iwd2 races also are available.

2) Given that the hill giant and troll characters now no longer are cursed with an effective racial class penalty(ECL?) , could the temple+ developers please also allow people to nullify the ECL penalties for having a drow or duergar etc. in the party, with the next update? Thanks! I find the ECL penalties extremely humanocentric, as the humans already have extra skill points at start and with every level plus an extra feat.

3) I have already installed toee and co8 and temple+ along with portrait packs. Once the temple+ new update happens, would it simply install alright if I tick automatic updates for temple+ configuration settings or would I preferably have to reinstall all over again.

4. Sitra Achara

1. There is a chance, but no guarantees.

2. I didn't cancel the ECL penalty. The mod for the trolls and hill giants on ModDB just removes their extra HD, so they have normal HP like the other races, but also lower ECL. They still have level adjustment as per the rules.
    It's very easy to modify the files however, I'm a bit surprised no one has done that by now. I guess I can also publish that sort of thing.

3. Auto update is enough. Make sure to restart the game when it finishes downloading the update.

5. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

Thanks you inspired me to produce an ECL +0 Drow Wizard as an experiment - now completely outclasses human equivalent .

An I right in thinking that the troll still has troll levels as removing the ECL +5 still appears to leave a Level +5 character?

6. Sitra Achara

The racial HD count as monster levels, yes.

7. Pygmy

Here is attached the file you need to remove the drow level penalty it should be saved in Temple of Elemental Evil\overrides\rules\races

Obviously, you will need a Papyrus editor (I use Cream) to check this file does what I say I does which will mean you are halfway to being able to modify any race and class you wish.

Attached Files:

8. StrontiumDog

Thanks, Pygmy! I presume you located a file wtihin toee and then would apply it to the override folder. Where in toee did you find the file so that I can myself alter the various other races and thus nullify their humanocentric ECL penalties? Thanks! I am still a newbie re games programming despite doing some soundsets for BG2 many years ago. Oh, by the way. I could not find this "cream papayrus editor" online at all, but it seems notepad/notepad++ works fine for displaying the relevant text.

9. Pygmy

I am afraid you are mistaken. Nothing is that simple with modding ToEE. The original race066_drow.py file is compressed with many other equally interesting files in C:\users\"Yourname"\AppData\Local\Templeplus\app-1,0.64\tpdata\tpgamefiles.dat which needs to be extracted to give you access to the individual .py files.

You cannot save an .py file as the same wih Notepad. Cream is found at:
    cream.sourceforge.net/

If you have no experience editing parameters in ToEE I suggest you start here:
    https://co8.org/community/index.php?threads/basic-modding-tutorial-for-toee.966/

Athough Sitre Achara probably won't approve I use toeextract.exe from the above to open up tpgamefiles.dat for editing.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018
  10. Sitra Achara

I don't know Cream, but Notepad++ is good enough. Just be careful when editing .py files - the indentation must be either with tabs or 4 spaces, mixing it up will cause errors.

I don't mind use of toeeextract, whatever does the job...

11. StrontiumDog

Thanks for the info. I'll look into this and start modifying things as soon as the other iwd2 races are added in, in the next update.

12. Badsirbrian

Badsirbrian Member

oh yeah the drow files art files are in that one, I forgot to mod those too...

13. florian1

florian1 Established Member

After a break from ToEE, I just started a new adventure. I am using temple + 0.64, and the Co8 extra content.

For some reason, when I select my party members, then click on begin adventure, I get dropped right into the adventure, and have no chance to use the opening shop map.

14. Sitra Achara

It sounds like you didn't activate co8 module.

15. florian1

florian1 Established Member

I have it fixed now. When GOG installs ToEE for me on my windows 10 laptop, it does so to C:Temple of Elemental Evil. The only item inside that folder is another folder named Temple of Elemental Evil. I believe I installed the Co8 Mod into the first ToEE folder. Now I have moved the Co8 NC files into the second folder, and everything is working fine. I think I installed it on my new laptop a couple of months ago, but didn't get around to playing it until now.

Our Host!