So, TemplePlus exists.

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Endarire, Feb 29, 2016.

Remove all ads!
  1. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Try using this mod as described in the quote above, It should fix your issue, and add domain spells beyond 10th level too. IIRC these versions of the rigor spells are bugged, there are fixes for those here as well, they go in your data/scr folder.

EDIT: the Vigor fix previously uploaded was also bugged, the current version is fixed.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
  2. florian1

florian1 Established Member

I have noticed that spiritual weapon now nerfs Cleave and Great Cleave, by drawing the Cleave attacks onto itself, and since spiritual weapon cannot be harmed by weapon attacks, it effectively nullifies the Cleave feats when it is within combat range.

3. StrontiumDog

StrontiumDog Established Member

Thanks a lot. 1 more question:- what new domain spells do the clerics now get instead?

4. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

This is the full list of domain spells in the mod is quoted above.

Be sure to pick up the edited Vigor spell script above, the first fix for it I posted still had an error in it.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
  5. florian1

So I downloaded and installed the domain spell mod addon, overwriting the older domain mod addon, and now Trickery Domain has "Displacement" for level 3 spells, instead of a blank :).

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
  6. florian1

I decided to check all the domain spell lists, now that I have the updated Domain Spell Mod.

As far as I can tell, the following Domains are as advertised:
    Air (with Summon Nature's Ally IX added for the lvl 9 slot), Chaos, Death, Destruction, Law, Fire, Earth, Good, Magic, Luck, Travel, Plant, Protection, Sun, Healing, Trickery, War, and Water.

Notes on problem Domains:

Knowledge: the lvl 3 spell Clairaudience/Clairvoyance seems to be messed up a bit, as if it is written in the wrong spot, making it difficult to select. Also, there is no "Foresight" spell.

Strength: Tenser's Transformation is incorrectly placed in the lvl 7 slot (along with Mass Bull's Strength), but is supposed to be for lvl 8.

Evil: Has two versions of Unholy Blight in the level 4 slot - one regular, and one quickened version. Also, two spells are listed for Evil Domain lvl 6 - Harm and Create Undead - not sure if that is on purpose or an oversight.

Animal: Mordenkainen's Hound is missing from the lvl 6 slot

7. StrontiumDog

One other question:- as regards reaching level 20 with 6 member party, I gather I need to go back and forth between hommlet and nulb etc. until I reach level 10 via defeating random encounters galore, and I really ought to have done most of the hommlet quests with just 1 character, and then have the others join and level up(can't be bothered to do that and restart the game, though)? I think I read somewhere that most random encounters do not provide any xp after level 10 is reached? Correct?

Anyway, other than random encounters and doing the various quests, what other ways are there to boost xp beyond the usual quest xp etc.?

My party is technically CN, but most characters are evil. I therefore plan on wiping out hommlet, nulb and verbobonc after completing all the quests such as war of the golden skull, that quarry quest etc. I used to wipe out hommlet and nulb as an NE-aligned party in pre-Co8 days, and ti really helped boost my XP enormously, even with an 8-member party. For some strange reason, the only person left able to communicate/perform transactions was Mother Screng?Cannonesss Ydey. I presume that error has been fixed, since.

8. StrontiumDog

Oh, and what happened to that marvellous Desperate Housewives quest? Can it be brought back like with that brothel add-on?

9. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

@StrontiumDog please post these questions in another thread, as they are unrelated to Temple+. Thank you.

10. sigofmugmort

sigofmugmort Established Member Supporter

I can no longer gain Eldritch knight, the Spells button is greyed out and you cannot finish
    :confused::eek:

also when using a troll wielding a weapon (glaive in the 2 cases so far) if you shift to unarmed(but still lethal with a troll :D) then go back to a weapon she started doing non-lethal damage followed by a CTD

11. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

Which version of Temple+ are you using? I recall encountering this Eldritch knight completion problem with either version 62 or 63? If you press on the SKILLS button AGAIN after you have allotted skill points I found the SPELLS button was then activated.

12. datakurs

datakurs Member

Hi! I remember you wrote somewhere that Temple+ does not support adding new items, and you suggested some method te resolve this. Could you please explain again what that was?
    (more precisely: protos.tab originally has armor items until ID 6720. When I add a new item with ID 6721 or higher, it is visible in game as long as Temple+ is not installed. After installation the item goes invisible when equipped.)

13. Sitra Achara

Hi, I'm on vacation until the end of the month.
    I think protos.tab mods should work. Are you using 1.0.13?

14. datakurs

datakurs Member

If you mean Temple+ version, it's 1.0.64, otherwise I don't know what you are refering to.
    Of course you can enjoy your vacation, no need to think about my technical issues during that.

15. Sitra Achara

I'll be back tomorrow night, can you post the modified file?

Our Host!