Co8 New Content: War of the Golden Skull

Discussion in 'New Content Subdirectories' started by Gaear, Mar 22, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

There's no map, but the video that plays before shows all the spots.

2. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Hi, please do.

3. widardofodd

widardofodd Member

Oops, sorry. I've already overwritten them. :(

4. Sabator

Sabator Member

So, i finished this quest last week and i noticed that the dwarves occupying the hommlet quarry alongside their drow ranger friend are quite literally drizzt do'urden , Bruenor battlehammer and some random dwarves
    2 things i noticed
    why not use the masterwork scimitar model for drizzt's scimitars since it looks more slender and would fit better
    and why not just throw in the entirety of the companions of the hall, Cattibrie, Wulfgar and Regis as well
    its not like by that point the fight would be that much harder and it would be rather cool to face them

5. ithildur

ithildur Established Member

Please no... Forcing you to murder iconic characters from another campaign setting without a good reason just for the sake of 'haha it would be kewl' is lame city, something a 15 year old DM or modder would think is neat, and not worthy of Co8's standards.

sirchet likes this.
  6. sigofmugmort

sigofmugmort Established Member Supporter

And that's why i do not bother with the Quarry;)

7. OccasionallyGood

OccasionallyGood Member

Started the Attacker quest by talking to Wakefield with Hextorite PC.
    Then got back to the Town's Elder house, got the expected dialog with Ariakas and killed him.
    Then killed everyone on the lowest floors of the Inn, Druids Grove, Church and Burn's Tower.
    Nobody was hostile when I entered into all of the above areas (even when I got 'Butcher of Hommlet' reputation), so all combats were initiated by myself.
    Even more, the combat at church was stopping after each turn (I do one attack, then the combat stops).

The quest is not getting completed, global map is not available.
    If I talk to Wakefield then there is no option tell him it's all done, just the same three dialog options like I've just met him for the first time.

Any idea if it's bugged or I'm missing something and need something more to do in order to complete the quest? What are the required conditions to complete the Attacker quest?
    Please advise.

8. OccasionallyGood

OccasionallyGood Member

Sorry, my bad. Missed the lowest level at Burne's Tower.
    After that I was able to tell Wakefield it's all done, Attacker quest is marked as completed, Defender quest is marked as failed.
    Though the global map was still not available, so I had to use Teleport spell and therefore getting 'Hommlet Deserter' reputation.
    Also if I then return to Hommlet, then enter any door and exit - the global map becomes unavailable again.

Overall it doesn't really matter since this is the very end of the game and there is nothing else to do. Just reporting a bug with availability of global map after Attacker quest completion.

Our Host!