Let's Play ToEE PC as a Pseudo-Online D&D Campaign

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Endarire, Aug 4, 2018.

Remove all ads!
  1. Endarire

Endarire Ronald Rynnwrathi

EDIT: Fixed link!

Greetings, all!

I started a YouTube playlist where I do a Let's Play of Temple of Elemental Evil with Temple+ and the Circle of 8 mod. The format is not a standard Let's Play, but treating the game like I'm running an online D&D 3.5 tabletop campaign using ToEE as a visualization app.

Enjoy, all!

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
  2. ithildur

ithildur Established Member

First video is entirely black screen; the music/background sound from the game drowns out narrator's voice.
    2nd video is largely silent/soundless, with apparently nothing happening onscreen for long stretches, and occasional black screens for short stretches.

Not trying to be mean, but helpful. Honestly, both videos need work before releasing to the public.

3. Endarire

Thanks for the info. Things seemingly worked well on my end, but these vids need rerecording and rereleasing for the general public. Thankee!

4. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Do they though? Really?

5. Endarire

I plan to rerecord and rerelease this stuff anyway, likely this weekend.

6. ithildur

Looking forward to the content once it's rerecorded.

7. Endarire

Greetings again, everyone! This video series has been rerecorded and expanded also to include episode 02! Previous problems with audio and video have been fixed through a combination of these and perhaps other means:

-Using a registered version of Bandicam which, unlike the free Loilo Game Recorder which I commonly used for other recordings, showed the ToEE PC game properly.

-Properly configuring Bandicam meant that other people could hear me.

-Not using alt-tab when viewing the script meant less undesired scrolling to dark places sometimes targeted by magic missiles.

-Using a standalone mike (Blue's Snowball Ice) instead of a standard Logitech headset and recording in quiet room in a college campus instead of at home improved audio quality.

Finally, thankee to everyone who watched the previous videos or/and gave constructive feedback! I appreciated knowing early in the series that my recording setup needed fixing!

8. Endarire

Updated link in original post.

9. Menen

Menen Member

Haha, just watched these first three. This is so nutty. I'll be seriously impressed if you complete the whole game in this series.

The recording was much better this time around, by the way.

10. ithildur

It's Ronald Rynnwraithi narrating!

11. Endarire

Ithildur: Hearing Ronald's voice by being on Hommlet's church's top floor for recording this was... interesting. If you want, consider Ronald a GMPC/DMPC.

Menen: Thankee! I have ideas as to what to do, but these have been like small scenes to me. To me, each has had to be done in a single take, and the notion of the combat script breaking was something I included after I found that for some playthroughs I did. When it came to one of the first takes for recording #02, things worked unexpectedly in that they worked normally. That's kinda like being on the Titanic movie set and pushing a button that's meant to make the ship seem to sink but instead sank the thing, actors and all.

Our Host!