Co8 8.1.0 bugs

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by sirchet, Aug 15, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. florian1

florian1 Established Member

After killing all the Drow in the Gnome quarters, and then dealing with the dragon, I cannot report anything to Wilfrick about the Drow after already reporting about the Dragon.

2. messedup

messedup Crazy Warrior Supporter

From what I remember, you report the Drow to The Gnome King...He is the one who wants to know...Wilfrick only says alright, my aid was wrong and things like that about the Drow.

3. sigofmugmort

sigofmugmort Established Member Supporter

You report to the Gnome King and you can also talk to Gnible who will remind you to report to the head gnome

4. messedup

I am using GOG's TOEE. I am also using new edition of the circle of 8 mod pack. I just noticed that the masterwork heavy flail can be sold at the cabinet maker for 305.55 gps. Everywhere else it is only for 152.78. This includes the blacksmiths. Is this a mistake? I have an appraise of 21 right now with scales. All the other masterwork items that you can purchase for 300+ is also down around 150+ everywhere.

5. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

Hadn't you noticed that flails are made of wood?o_O

6. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Yup, traders in town mostly have a prefered item material type which they will pay more for - Wood, Metal, or Magical, but Rannos and Gremag just give half gold for all types.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  7. florian1

florian1 Established Member

The highest useful Appraise skill total is 19. There is no benefit to having 20 or higher.

8. Oleg Ben Loleg

Oleg Ben Loleg Established Member Supporter

I'm towards the end of a playthrough with Ronald as an NPC. He demands now to get to the church of ST.Cuthbert to revive his parents. My problem is that the game crashes every time I try to enter second floor of the church. The screen becomes black for a couple of second then it ctd's. Does anyone know if i can just ignore Ronals request? My next problem is when Ronald had to leave the group I cannot get him back to join my party. I tried to kick him out earlier in order to get Scather by killing the group who rewarded me in the name of Prince Thrommel. For some reason I never got the sword only the rings and healing potions for reward (too low charisma?). Anyway after killing the whole group I looted the sword, traveld to the church and talked to Ronald to get him back. But my half orc barbarian had now some cleric levels and a deity, I think it is Grumsh, that Ronald hates, so he refuses to reunite with my party. (Didn't know that before).

9. messedup

I have gotten Scather with any type of good party. The only way you don't get it by talking it if you have an evil party. I usually don't get Ronald because at about 15 he leaves and never comes back. I haven't run into the ctd going to the second level of the church though.

10. Oleg Ben Loleg

Thanks, I didn't know you had to have a good party to ever get the sword . My party is chaotic neutral.
    In the current playthrough I have quite frequently crashes, especially while travelling. First time I ever have difficulties with the game like that.
    P.S. It seems that you can just ignore the request by Ronald. I rested and traveled a few times now and no complaints by him so far.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
  11. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Pity if that plot-line doesn't work out, it's rare enough anyone finds it. It worked in testing and some people have stumbled across it before and it's worked. I'll try to have a look at it in situ. Were you using Temple+ Oleg?

12. Oleg Ben Loleg

No, just the regular mod with all new content. But I think my actual problem, ctd's when entering secon floor cleric tower or using world map, started when I updated driver of my ghraphic card. I remember that I once had to go back to an older driver version to get the hame going again. Any way I could finish the fight against the Avatars of St Cuthbert succesfully with the help of Ronny.:)

13. VNKylan271

VNKylan271 Member

Reactive Earth Temple bug: Romag is transferred to coordinate inside of South magically locked doors. He is not in the Earth Temple proper, and you can't combat him due to being trapped behind the doors. I used Clairvoyance to search for him as it was odd he was missing. The coordinates are set wrong for the Earth Temple transfer.

Is there a way to relocate him using console commands or a bug fix.

Secondly the spell Death to Undead does not show up if you scribe it.

14. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

@Sitra Achara wrote the reactive temple mod, if there is a problem he should be able to find it.

Not all new spells have associated scrolls for you to craft... I'm uncertain if that spell falls into that category, but that is my suspiscion.

15. VNKylan271

VNKylan271 Member

Ok. I am not sure if anyone has come across it? How many here have said they loved the new reactive temple fights, but forgot to check if they killed Romag or not? You fight his underpriest ok.

Needs tweaking coordinates. Has Gaer came across this??

And speaking of missing things. My profile also vanished kylan271. Had to set up new one.

Our Host!