Oh Zaxis, please shut up.

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Oleg Ben Loleg, Jun 1, 2018.

Remove all ads!
  1. Oleg Ben Loleg

Oleg Ben Loleg Established Member Supporter

Hi is there a way to make Zaxis somehow either voiceless or replace him with another voice? I searched for his voice file (Atari/Temple of elemental Evil/data/sound/speech/00200) and I deleted the file. BUT he keeps on talking: "Aaaaalright" everytime he has to do something.

2. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Instead of deleting it, yoy shiuld replace it with an emptyt track.

3. Oleg Ben Loleg

I did. I changed his "alright" voice file with an empty track but no change. I don't know where the game still gets the voice info. Or do I have to change every single voice file with an empty one?

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
  4. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

You would have to swap in a silent track for every line you want silent , yes. Are you using .mp3s as your replacements?

5. Oleg Ben Loleg

Yes Sure. I did not change format. I changed the one track I did not like but in the game: no change. I still wonder where the game gets the track information from when I delete or change that track. Must be somehow hardcoded this "Aaaaaalright " from Zaxis or the changes only work for any new game. Thanks anyhow for your replys, I think I will get used to his voice.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
  6. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

The original files are inside the .DAT files. Thus deleting from the data/ folder will never do you any good, as the game will find them in the DATs instead. You have to override the file with a muted track instead. I don't know why that didn't work for you, you must have done something wrong, maybe replaced the wrong file.

7. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

Have you enabled the option allowing you to edit file extentions? If you had created a non mp3 file (EG a notepad.doc file) and just renamed it to "Zaxis01000.mp3" without first enabling the option to alter file extentions (disabled by default in Windows 10), all you have done is make a file named "Zaxis01000.mp3.doc" - which will not override the DAT file.

8. Oleg Ben Loleg

Where are those DAT files you mention please. The files I changed were: Atari/Temple of elemental Evil/data/sound/speech/00200. Those are mp3's . I found some DAT files in: Atari/Temple of elemental Evil/ToEE1.dat. But when I try to open that I get only a mess of cryptical signs.
    Yes I have

9. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Oleg Ben Loleg likes this.
  10. Oleg Ben Loleg

Thanks a lot guys

Our Host!