[PROJECT] "Easy Mode" and "Hard Mode"

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Phalzyr, Oct 1, 2003.

Remove all ads!
  1. Phalzyr

Phalzyr Established Member Veteran

[Project] Easy/Hard Mode

I completed the friendly spells/unfriendly for an optional install It halves/doubles the damage to friendlies for:

Burning Hands (thanks xma)
    Call Lightning
    Call Lightning Storm
    Cone Of Cold
    Fireball
    Flamestrike
    Lightning Bolt
    Sound Burst

Easy Mod - HP Halved if more than 10, CR/EXP Risen by 1 or up to 1 if less than 1. Any DR > 5 Halved.

Hard Mod - HP Doubled or 2 levels added.

Immpossible Mod - Hard mode plus: Damage Done Doubled. Any Dr They had doubled except DR ALL I maxed it at 20.

Easy/Hard Mod ver 1.0 - works with or without fanfix 1.1, bot versions included.

Friendly/unfriendly spells are also optional.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2003
  2. Nomad_Wanderer

Nomad_Wanderer Established Member Veteran

After this release we are going to switch around, and *V* is going to take the Release Manager/Build master job..

One of the things he wants to do is add more options to the installer... That sounds like a good time to include this..

That next release probably won't be for another week tho (counting on us staying in one place for a whole week that is).

Until then you could consider:

Are there other ways to make the combat parts of game easier to ppl new to D&D?

There's a thread on becoming a tactical master on the atari boards.. there may be some usable information/leads there.

EDIT: I changed the name of this topic..

3. Phalzyr

Next version after next is fine :) just wanted to get in in the pot. that is also why I didn't have it done yesterday figured it wouldn't be in the next version. I'll look around to see if there are any other combat stuff that could make it easier but I'd think most if it is hard coded like hp per level, dam done, tumble chance, and stuff. Though If i do it should really be seperate from this one anyway. Spells made friendly and combat easier in general are two completely dif things and one might not want both.

4. Phalzyr

Well Im at that I might as well do the opposit for those who complain it is too easy :) If I do find anything changeable which I doubt.

5. Sol Invictus

Sol Invictus Beholder Watcher Veteran

The game's too easy for me. I'm serious, too. Could you make the Balor stronger. I.e. according to 3.5 rules. He's nerfed in the game with 12d20 health instead of 20d20 or something like that (You have to check) and isn't using a vorpal sword like he did in the original campaign.

6. Nomad_Wanderer

Retitled the thread.

If *E* is have so easy of a time, he knows where the protos is, make him do it :lol: hehe

7. Phalzyr

:) I was thinking the same thing, either that or I'll have to tell him what line to change etc... for the fan fix since you have edited that file right? so you'd have to have two seperate versions or three if we alterit for easier monsters. I'd rather not get into the protos.tab unless I have to since you know it so well by now :D

8. Phalzyr

On the hard note I went back through and made simple dice roll changes to the spells so they now penalize you for targetting you own guys. Twice the damage it would do to friendlies :)

http://www.kasec.org/unfriendlyspells.rar

9. Nomad_Wanderer

The idea is actually to have 3 sets of files.. then Vaevitus's installer will install the appropriate files depending on your choice.

(once they work though.. We shouldn't be making easy or hard versions of the spells that don't work).

10. Phalzyr

don't work? I played them myself and they worked for me. I didn't test the hard ones since it was just a simple die roll change no format change.

EDIT BY NOMAD: I was referring to some of the bugged spells.. Not yours, the ones that came bugged with the game..

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2003
  11. Xma

Xma Member

Some more zone damage spell if you wanna change them :

Burning hands
    Death cloud ?

12. Phalzyr

Burning hands is an area spell, I thought it was always a target spell hmmm. I guess I missed that one then, I only looked at those I wasn't sure what type they were.

Stinking cloud cloudkill etc are all hardcoded :( unless I'm missing some obvious py file. the spell.py just initiates it and that is it.

13. Phalzyr

14. Dhoom

Dhoom BIG Troll Berserker

The HARD MODE should include slightly buffed Monsters/NPCS :)

15. Xma

Xma Member

I actually used it some times in ToEE ;)

Yup, didn't check it thoroughly, but was guessing it was hardcoded, hence the '?' :)

Our Host!