[SPOILER] Demons and Demigods Bugs

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by hugin7, Oct 21, 2017.

Remove all ads!
  1. hugin7

hugin7 Member

I am running into constant issues with Iuz avatars despawning during the Demons and Demigods quest encounter. This happens more frequently when there is distance between one of the avatars and the nearest partly member, but I've had it happen even when the nearest party member is relatively close (out of attack range, but within walking distance).

The encounter itself is very easy with the strategy I use, but I can't ever finish the fight without at least two avatars vanishing at some point. It can happen at any time during the encounter; on one attempt, I lost an avatar during the very first round after all of my party members moved away.

After I kill the remaining avatars, Lady Asherah dies in her house. I'm not sure if this happens because of my "failure" to kill all four avatars, but I would prefer to see the positive ending to this quest. Does anyone know the juncture at which Lady Asherah's fate is decided? Perhaps the outcome is generated before we even get to fight Iuz, making it pointless to replay the fight. At this point, I'm tempted to dig up the flag/variable used to control this outcome just to see the positive ending, so if someone has the console commands to make this happen, I'd really appreciate it.

2. hugin7

hugin7 Member

After a bunch of attempts, I finally had a bug-free encounter. I even got a happy ending, so please disregard this post.

Our Host!