Co8 New Content: Verbobonc

Discussion in 'New Content Subdirectories' started by Gaear, Mar 22, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Eh, there's simply no existing model in ToEE suitable for dragons. IMO the other model looked weak - air dolphin ;) - so it was just a matter of having a hovering thing that at least looked a little more badass.

2. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

XVicious did some work creating a few dragons if I remember correctly.

Yup, here's a link Dragons

3. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

I don't recall ever seeing the model for that green dragon in ToEE, where did that come from?

4. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

He made it himself, though I forget what he started with.

5. XVicious

XVicious Established Member

6. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

Is there a reason for the random diabolus ex machina that happens in the slaver elimation quest f you attack first? Or for that matter, for the diablous ex machina that happens when you talk to them even if you're all under Protrction From Evil? I love this expansion except for that one bit that's just bad design.

EDIT:
    And now that I think of it, "diablous ex machina" actually doesn't go far enough in describing this, as the core game has two scenes that literally involve archfiends appearing out of nowhere and attacking the party and they don't feel nearly as forced or stilted as this.

And don't forget the fact that they're definitely blinded by "Holy Smite", and the fact that my party of paladins with detect evil and 16 ranks in sense motive and no wisdom or intelligence scores under 16, and one of them under the effects of a true seeing positively identify the sorceress as Tarah-ka-Turah (according to tooltips), and successfully apply bonus damage from both Smite Evil and the holy and axiomatic properties of Moradin's Soul Hammer

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  7. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

You can avoid that by navigating the conversation in a certain way.

8. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

Well what if I don't want to converse with them? They're quite clearly the right people; they're identified as such by the tooltips in combat (even in combat, I stress again, with my party of paladins + a cleric who's cast true sight), they're affected by things that specifically target evil creatures. If the thing about the supposed mistaken identity is left in there has to be some kind of thing about how the party was framed, preferably a new quest, but even just cutting to Iuz laughing maniacally after the execution or something would be sufficient

EDIT:
    And in any case, if my characters are all under Protection From Evil she shouldn't be able to mind-control them anyway. Nobody wants to play a game that cheats

I hear that. Like, not only is ToEE my favorite D&D game, I actually consider the old gold box games like Dark Queen of Krynn to be head and shoulders superior to the likes of Baldur's Gate and Planescape: Torment (which sucked btw. I didn't even bother playing it all the way through. "Torment" is right)

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  9. Bohandas

Bohandas Member

I found a solution btw. The trick is to talk to them, immediately port out with an elemental power gem, and then go back to emridy meadows. A Koboyashi Maru-esque solution for a Koboyashi Maru-esque scenario

10. TomBac

TomBac Member

Hello all,

where to sell gems in verbo?

11. TomBac

TomBac Member

At banker...

12. widardofodd

widardofodd Member

Ok, new to the forums here, so please be patient with me. I read here that the elusive slavers are in Emiry Meadows. The problem is that when I hover over Emiry Meadows on the world map, I get the red circle, but when I click, nothing happens. This true both before I went to Verbobonc and after.

I reinstalled ToEE and the modpack ver 8.1.0. I got the slaver quest from the viscount. Is there something else I need to do to unlck the area?

13. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

That's the first I've heard of the EM button not working. Have you tried clicking the name in the locations list on the side?

14. widardofodd

widardofodd Member

It wasn't in the list, presumably because I hadn't visited yet.

I found a solution, though. I spoke to Terjon, who gave me the medallion quest. After accepting it, I was able to visit the meadows.

15. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Heh, shouldn't get the red circle if you have never been there. Weird!

Our Host!