getting fragarach and scather?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by firemephit, Feb 25, 2017.

Remove all ads!
  1. firemephit

firemephit Member

Is there a trick I'm doing wrong trying to get both of these weapons? I had thrommel join me and die to a troll, but I can only loot his body if i kick him out of the party. At that point, after being revived he wont leave the temple unless i talk to him and ask him to but I never seem to get the rescue reward if I do that (tried just taking him outside and the reward party always comes when I do that).

2. Pygmy

Pygmy Established Member Supporter

You can loot the bodies of dead party members through any conveniently placed treasure chest. Personally I would just open the console and type "Give 4017" and RETURN if you want both Fragarach and Scather and not pretend that cheating the obvious intention of the game isn't cheating.

3. firemephit

firemephit Member

My greedy rogue is a klepto and just likes to steal shiny, rare, and valuable things. That sword has a boatload of gemstones in it, so naturally he'd want to steal it and blame in on monsters while the prince was indisposed. I'll try the treasure chest thing, just have to find a convenientway for him to die near one.

sirchet likes this.
  4. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

If only there was a small chest you could carry around with you and use when you wanted to. ;)

5. firemephit

firemephit Member

hm..maybe I'm misinterpreting but a chest doesn't seem to be working ether. Does it need to be on top of the dead members body perfectly?

6. Nightcanon

Nightcanon Garrulous Halfling

The position of the chest in relation to the body is immaterial.
    I think it goes sometime like:
    Thrommel is a member of your party.
    Thrommel gets killed.
    Open a treasure chest.
    Put stuff in/ take stuff out as usual.
    Select Thrommel (e.g., if Thrommel is 6th in your party line up at the bottom of the screen, press the '6' key on your keyboard).
    Move Fragarach into the chest.
    Leave dungeon.
    Bring Thrommel back to life outside dungeon.
    Thrommel announces intent to leave, and offers reward.
    Accept offer of reward.
    Return to where you stashed Fragarach and take it from where you left it.
    After a certain amount of time elapses, knights track you down and give you Scather as well.
    Get slightly bored of having SO much melee killing power that the game becomes trivially easy...

7. BrotherSmythe

BrotherSmythe Established Member

Agreed. The one time that I hustled both swords was with Co8 ver. 8.0 no Temple+. I awakened Thrommel, admitted him to my party, fought monsters in level 3 and hung back so that he eventually took enough damage to bring him below 0 hp but above -10 hp, brought him above to the broken tower via the secret passage, removed Fragarach and put it in the chest, went outside , healed him, accepted his promise of a reward, and then went back inside to get Fragarach. Eventually got Scather from his envoy.
    I gave both swords to my dual wield fighter whom had all of the appropriate feats ready of course. Heh. Big fun at first. Then it turned into a 'by the numbers' affair as Nightcanon warned.
    This might be a viable option for a solo or duo campaign however...

8. Gehennis

Gehennis Established Member

Reminds me of the party of perfect 18's that I created using the character creation screen switch glitch. Got bored and dumped them by the time they hit fourth level- it just made the game too easy...

BrotherSmythe likes this.
Our Host!