Icewind Dale: ToEE - Total Conversion

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale Total Conversion' started by Allyx, May 7, 2016.

Remove all ads!
  1. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

@FDR4PREZ - thanks for the testing, could you confirm if the miss numbers are correct (20% melee, 50% ranged)? The rolls breakdown will show this.

2. FDR4PREZ

FDR4PREZ Established Member

@Shiningted - never checked the actual rolls for anything before, in any game. pretty neat stuff.

It is almost working correctly.

I tested:
    • Melee while in the cloud = 20%
    • Ranged while in the cloud (both combatants were in the cloud) = 50%
    • Moved my guy outside the cloud (no longer concealed) and then fired into the cloud = 50%
    So that all appears to be working good.

But when I am in the cloud and the enemy is not in the cloud, there is no concealment check for the enemy (since he is not in the cloud), so there is no 50% chance to miss because I am in the cloud.

So it appears to only apply the 20% or 50% to recipients in the cloud.

I tried a few rounds and if I am in the cloud, there is no penalty for firing out of the cloud.

Can that be fixed?

3. Shiningted

No, not easily. Possibly not hardly, either.

I tested Fog Cloud and it's the same (probably all the similar spells are), so it's another one of these bugs that must have always been there but no-one noticed or cared about enough to mention.

Please don't think that I don't want to fix them - I do, I recognise what an exploit this could be to hide in your cloud getting concealment and fire at folks outside - but as I said it can't see any easy fix and no one seems bothered (and monsters can 'exploit' this as readily as players) so i just think we should focus our limited resources on what we can change.

That being said, I will try to make Obscuring Mist more rules compliant tomorrow. Regarding the 20' range thing - I recently tried to make some other spell exactly 20' range but there only seems to be close / medium / long / personal, so would you want Close range (a little longer) or keep it as is?

Anyone can answer that one :)

4. Allyx

Allyx Master Crafter Global Moderator Supporter

The range is working corectly, firing out of the cloud is not subject to the miss chance as it should be, the error I was highlighting was the graphical and description errors which display only a 5' cloud, when it should be a 20' cloud, the lack of miss chance for firing out of the cloud is a bug but since it can be equally exploited by friends and foes, I'm happy to allow it to remain for now.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
  5. FDR4PREZ

While I disagree that the range is working, as it is currently 0' when it should be 20', I do agree that there should not be too much time in fixing the spell if it will push out the main work being done on the TC.

If some type of range is easy to add, then OK, but I think the priority thing to fix is the size of the cloud graphic so that it matches the 20' AoE that the game actually uses, and using the graphics from Fog Cloud sounds like the best bet.

Until I played the TC, I don't recall seeing Obscuring Mist or Fog Cloud used by enemies in ToEE: NC or KotB, and I've never used it either, but I think I may start using it more often.

6. Allyx

Ah I see the error now, you are right, it should be an easy fix to swap out the targetting method and 20' range to something similar to a fireball.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
  7. FDR4PREZ

@Allyx - in addition to the Hommlet reference in the Butcher of Easthaven journal, I have a Paladin in the party and he did not fall. Is this rep enough to make him fall? I would think it would be, but I am not certain. I've never played one in ToEE, but in KotB my paladin fell but I don't recall what I did to make him fall. Although I believe he fell before my party went on a killing spree throughout the Keep at the end of the game.

8. Allyx

Yes, killing innocents will make Paladin's fall in the final version, also not coded yet.

9. FDR4PREZ

ok, I thought that would be something that would be hardcoded in the ToEE code being used for the TC, and not something that needed to be added separately. Learn something new everyday ;)

10. sonofliberty

sonofliberty Established Member

Hey guys. I have not read the whole 60+ pages. Is this downloadable and playable?

11. montiac1

montiac1 Member

Yep.

12. Allyx

The mod and patch 2 (use both or you will only be getting half of the mod) can be found in this thread.

13. Shiningted

Hey Al,

Very sorry for the long absence, my PC finally died (hard drive packed it in) causing mayhem for my work situation. Anyways, I got a nice new Windows 10 box (with a graphics card! I can't remember the last one of those I had) but it won't play a single damn game I put in it. My games are all too old apparently :(

So may I ask where things are up to so I can jump back in?

14. Allyx

Heya Ted, I have taken about a month off modding, the modding frenzy around Christmas time upset the Mrs quite a bit.

I'm gonna start a thorough bug test and fix session soon, but the base pack and patch 2 is so far as far as we've got.

Glad you have a new pc though.

15. anatoliy

anatoliy Established Member

@Allyx,
    Thank you very much for the Mod! :)

Our Host!