Temple+ Runtime Error

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by SwingBlade, Aug 22, 2016.

Remove all ads!
  1. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Not sure what could be causing this. I guess the other things you can try is to run as administrator, make sure your AV isn't blocking it, and make sure your GPU drivers are up to date.

2. SwingBlade

SwingBlade Member

Yeah, I don't necessarily recommend a 10" tablet unless that is specifically what you want. I bought it because I needed an ultraportable Windows system, mostly so I could play classic games like this while in bed, in the bathroom, etc.

3. HeJason

HeJason JK2 Deity

The system is very old, athlon xp, the sound card is a SB live, which is not supported in win7 which I found a work around for. I have it running fine on my modern box with no issues. Was just trying to get it to run this old machine. I tried running as admin, has the latest vid drivers for my card, and the machine has no AV software on it yet. What is required to run temple plus exactly? NET. framework? My win7 is up to date with SP1. Is anything else required? Java version? Flash? Has anyone ever successfully ran temple+ on an athlonXP (mine is very old, 10+ years)? The normal TOEE with the co8 front end runs fine. Actually the athlon xp is probably one of the more common CPUs that were out at the launch of the original TOEE.

4. Sitra Achara

No Java or Flash required. I don't know what could be causing this, sorry.

5. SwingBlade

SwingBlade Member

The only thing I can think of is if you used the default install location for TemplePlus instead of pointing it to the TOEE install folder? Or am I getting that confused with Co8?

6. HeJason

HeJason JK2 Deity

I get the green checkmark when pointing to the folder in the temple+ cfg. If I figure it out, I will let you guys know what it is.

7. HeJason

HeJason JK2 Deity

I got a new crash on my machine that works. Trying to cast atonement on my Paladin, Attached is the log file.

Attached Files:

8. HeJason

HeJason JK2 Deity

I found out why my game was crashing, I dominated person on the assassin and made him part of my party, I guess the game did not like that. I never had an issue with it with the non-temple+ version though.

9. Saseymour

Saseymour Member

I installed temple+ and I get runtime errors everytime I run it, especially when a combat occurs. It is unplayable. However, if I play with TFX, in a windowed mode, then it will run.
    upload_2016-11-5_8-59-59.png
    I am on a Windows 10 laptop. Where can I get the crash log file?

10. sigofmugmort

sigofmugmort Established Member Supporter

I re-installed Directx 11 and turned Anti-aliasing off and that fixed it for me on windows 7

Check Sitra Achra's post for a link to a FAQ on this

11. Saseymour

Saseymour Member

I think it has to do with Windows 10 and my graphics card. As the latest driver for it I doubt is win 10 compatible from the manufacturer (HP).

12. Kosiciel

Kosiciel Member

Maybe try general driver from chip manufacturer, like Intel, nVidia or ATI/AMD. No Win10 here, so can't help much :/

13. Sitra Achara

What graphics card do you have?

See my sig for instructions on finding the log file.

14. Saseymour

Saseymour Member

I've tried downloading the driver for my Intel 4600 graphics chip directly from Intel, but since it isn't validated by HP, the computer won't let it install. very annoying. And with Windows 10, directX is integrated into it and handled by windows update.

15. Zalmoxes

Zalmoxes Forest Guardian

OK. Now I'm miffed. Bought a new ( ish ) computer with Win 7 , 6 GB Ram , have no idea if GPU is good or not ( as I said in a previous post, computer terms are completely alien to me... ) . Have Divx11 , aa false, debug 1, etc.. followed everything in this thread. Just to get the same message again. To put it simple I spent money PURELY to be able to go above 20 level and achieve epic and I achieved nothing. I must be really unlucky :-( . Oh well , I guess it's time to go back to good old PNP...

Our Host!