Some Questions

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by pmaura, Oct 4, 2016.

Remove all ads!
  1. pmaura

pmaura Member

Occasionaly my characters cant move at all, I dont see they have a spell cast on them or anything and after a round or 2 there back normaly. Not sure if bug?

Also how do you use the map you get upon entering toe.

Are the different levels supposed to represent increasing difficulty, I ask because I can not for the life of me beat the final encounter on lvl 1. All characters are lvl 7 and as soon as break the barrier, everyone rushes my spellcasters.

Also is there a wiki that expains. ready for aproach etc.

2. Gehennis

Gehennis Established Member

1- Could you clarify when you're characters aren't moving- during combat or while exploring?
    2- Just have the character with the temple map use it while in the inventory screen (and if you accidentally drop it you can pick it back up).
    3- For that encounter if you attack (this is optional- you don't have to combat them) try to make sure your spell casters are to the rear and that you have any spell buffs already up and active- Enlarge Person, Haste, Blur, Invisibility, etc.
    4- Ready for Approach means just that- the character will take a ready stance and attack the first enemy that comes into melee range (I could be confusing this with the Guard option though). There are other options available from the radial menu- not sure if the in game guide describes all of the actions you can take from that or not...

3. pmaura

pmaura Member

in regards to not moving, its in combat. There is nothing on my character saying why they cant move either.

4. Zalmoxes

Zalmoxes Forest Guardian

Does this happen just after one of your characters applied Ready Vs Approach? If yes, that is a known bug. BTW, Ready vs approach is an extremly useful option! Saved my behind quite a few times. Even with a weak character, using it it means pretty much that you cancel one enemy's action. ( So it's very useful for instance, to protect yourself for the rush of those big bad boys Bugbears, and it's even better if you have a reach weapon, that way you stop them way before they can get any close to you )

5. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Like Gehennis said, left click on the temple map and drag it to the use icon in the lower right of your inventory screen.

The battle in the Earth Temple, (follows breaking down the stone barriers) can be avoided, it is a reaction battle from the previous battles you fought on that floor. If you were to work your way up the left side of that floor and make your way to the same area before you fight all the rest you will find a much easier battle in that room. ;)

Our Host!