Kotb mercenaries

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Basil the Timid, Jul 30, 2016.

Remove all ads!
  1. Basil the Timid

Basil the Timid Dont Mention the War

I have been trying to make the mercs more durable and useful, with limited success. I am accustomed to using phalzyr's protoEd for changing feats. I made the three of them level 2. Since I don't see them using power attack, I figured it better to give the melee guys dodge and one with mobility and the other with combat reflexes. I increased their dexterity scores to 14. I also tried to modify their tactics by copying some of the companion / pet dlg to their shared dlg file. There was no problem with any of that.

The problem comes when I try to change the InvenSource file. I tried to upgrade the melee guys' armor and get rid of the bucklers which are hamstringing their effectiveness. The changes I make are not being implemented. What's up with that?

Thanks for instructing me.

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

No idea. But yes, those guys should be able to upgrade their gear - that's been at the back of my mind for a while. But it will more likely be something that happens when you speak to, say, a blacksmith, than anything you can control. These are not meant to be NPCs you canc control like an NPC follower.

I'll probably move this to the KotB forum at some point.

3. Basil the Timid

Ok, @ted, so I am modifying the correct file but I am doing something incorrectly. I like your idea for the future of upgrading their equipment through the blacksmith. I humbly suggest they start at level 2. I assume they cannot levelup since they are only followers, correct?

4. marc1967

marc1967 Established Member

The inventory listed in InvenSource.mes is only used if a creature is spawned somewhere, or for restocking merchant's stock. The equipment the mercenaries in the tavern currently have is drawn from the MOB files located in /modules/ToEE/maps/KEEP_OUTER_31_Tavern_Main. You would have to edit those files in World Builder to change their equipment, then delete the old ones and recopy the new ones, then delete the map cache, and probably restart the game. :confused:

The easy solution is to just spawn another version of them from the console while in the tavern, and those spawned versions will draw their inventory from your changed version of InvenSource.mes. From the console, just create whichever guy you want (14337, 14338, or 14339) with the create command:

create 14337

5. Basil the Timid

Thank you! The simple solution worked beautifully. They have their new equipment! If anyone wants to make more formal changes to the mercenaries, perhaps my meager contribution might shave a bit of time off of your work. Keep in mind that the equipment given is suitable for NPCs at 2nd level.

Attached Files:

6. Shiningted

Thanks Basil, I'll take the lvl 2 suggestion under advisement (I'll have to check what they were in the module).

7. Basil the Timid

I found their stats in the original module. F1 and 5hp each! I think they all wear red shirts too.

8. Shiningted

The Green Gryphon's away team, indeed...

9. Basil the Timid

I fired my mercenaries but their blue circles remain. I know there is a console command to get rid of NPCs, but how does one get rid of followers?

10. marc1967

marc1967 Established Member

step 1: save
    step 2: make sure you saved
    step 3 : confirm you saved

But honestly it's safe every time I need to do it.

In the console type game.party, which will return a list of the guys in your party. They are in order numerically, starting at 0. Find the number of the mercenary and type game.party[n].destroy(), where n is that guys party number.

For example, if the query to game.party returns:

(Zolroth(83625282), Two Swords(972739377), Angela(827278997), Mercenary(827268922))​

Then you would type:

game.party[3].destroy()
    I think the source of this bug is that only game.leader.ai_follower_remove() is called, but it also needs game.leader.follower_remove(), as it is done when the mercenary runs out of money and disbands. (py00443Mercenary.py)

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
Our Host!