Can't start the Keep adventure

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by Gnouk Gnouk, Aug 12, 2015.

Remove all ads!
  1. Gnouk Gnouk

Gnouk Gnouk Member

When I Find the ladder and try to uses it, it marks "No good alignment" and I can't get through

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

6 years for a first post! :clap:

The current incarnation only supports NG, LN and NE parties, you're party alignment has to be one of those.

This is covered in the manual, it's worth reading as it also covers a lot of the other basics.

3. Gnouk Gnouk

Gnouk Gnouk Member

thx, I haven't read this NG/LN/NE.
    Else, 6 years with no questions and only enjoy your works. Thx

sirchet likes this.
  4. Basil the Timid

Basil the Timid Dont Mention the War

Basil is back!

I have a NG party of a halfelf paladin and an elf rogue with search skills. They find something near the portal and also something in the middle of the maid room. I don't see the secret ladder for them to go down. I am not using windowed mode and I haven't modded anything. Suggestion please.

5. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Are you using the search tool via the radial menu, Basil?

6. Basil the Timid

Basil the Timid Dont Mention the War

Ah! I was using the radial menu for search and not using the radial menu for the secret door kit. Just curious - Why separate these two things? Also, shouldn't my elf with a total of 8 points for search find it automatically? Would he be able to find other secret doors as he could have in ToEE?

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
  7. Shiningted

The radial menu for Search is for traps and secret stuff (the 'secret door' effect has been added to all sorts of loots and treasures to make them only found if you search, as per the usual D&D module. Nothing essential though, lest the secret door bug kill it). The Secret Door search tool is purely for secret doors.

Good to see you back, Basil.

8. jeffh

jeffh Established Member

If you can't play with a LG or LE party, the FAQ shouldn't specifically mention those as possibilities...

9. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Lawful alignmented parties will be possible eventually, if I understand Ted correctly. There is a lot of work involved and quite a few changes that must be incorporated to fill in the adventure's criteria according to the different alignments.

10. Shiningted

Hey Jeffh, good to see you back. The FAQ is massively out of date, and I have been roundly chastised for this in the past (possibly by you).

LG and LE are the plotlines that will be in the next, long overdue, update. Doing the LG endgame right now, actually.

Our Host!