Magical crossbow book

Discussion in 'The Keep on the Borderlands' started by Forgalz, May 26, 2016.

Remove all ads!
  1. Forgalz

Forgalz Established Member

So I got this book from
    the forestal
    and used it to turn a masterwork light crossbow into a Crossbow of Accuracy. But all that seemed to do was replace the picture and remove the masterwork bonus, so its attack bonus is now actually less than it was before. Is there some magic happening via script when I actually shoot it, or does it just not work?

EDIT: Nevermind, if found it in the bug thread: http://www.co8.org/community/index.php?threads/kotb-1-0-1-bug-list.11229/page-4#post-135122 Somebody wrote FIXED in the original report, but this fix is not in 1.0.1, right?

Last edited: May 26, 2016
  2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

I'll check that and get back to you.

EDIT: Ok thanks for at least checking this in the bug thread. I am looking at the proto for all the Crossbows of accuracy and they are all +2, so better than masterwork, but only to hit - so they are accurate but don't give a damage bonus like a proper +2 crossbow (but better than a masterwork one. Magical too for overcoming DR). I'll actually test the damn things.

Last edited: May 29, 2016
  3. Shiningted

Ok, I checked and they are all showing "Enhancement: Weapon Bonus +2" (or something) when equipped for me, which for memory was the bug I fixed - I'd forgot to put anything in the protos. Not sure why it isn't working for you. Could anyone else reading this with the latest KotB (1.0.1) confirm one way or the other? Just spawn 4477, 4478 &/or 4479 to test them.

4. Forgalz

Well, I have 1.0.1, but it is maybe an old one? Did you ever re-upload with fixes but the same patch number? I installed this quite a while ago, but didn't get around to playing it until now.

5. Shiningted

I guess it's a yes - we uploaded, realised I had left something out, then re-uploaded. Nothing critical, just the cats (for memory) and a few other things. Do you see cats?

6. Forgalz

There is one cat in the underground passage to the Druid shrine, but that's the only one.

7. Shiningted

Well that's wrong for several reasons... but it does sound like you have an up-to-date game. Ok, I will go murder the Forestal and play it out and see what happens.

Our Host!