What's ShiningTed up to nowadays?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Endarire, Feb 25, 2016.

Remove all ads!
  1. Endarire

Endarire Ronald Rynnwrathi

Greetings, Ted!

We're (or at least I'm) curious as to what you're doing lately, especially regarding ToEE and KotB. What may we know now?

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Well... regarding ToEE I am working on this domain spells mod. Folks can track my progress HERE as I update each bit done.

Re KotB: for the past year or more I have been working on a 2.0 release, or a new release anyway. The 1.0 release (and subsequent patches) allowed you to play the mod from beginning to end - from entering the Keep to defeating the Big Boss in the Caves of Chaos - but did not have any of the alignment stories that were initially intended to be a major, beginning to end element of the game (as opposed to ToEE where the alignment vignettes only really gave you a reason to be in Hommlet and after that the game generally played out the same way. I've taken the opposite approach in KotB - you know why you are there - to seek adventure on the frontier - and then that adventure should unfold according to alignment to some extent, or at least alignment should provide a meta-narrative for what you are doing). 1.0 also lacked the Orc Caves, the most complex (plot-wise) of the Caves stories.

2.0 will include the LG plot, the LE plot, the Orc Caves, various bug-fixes, additional stuff (some new artwork etc) and a substantial rebalancing of both XP and loot to make the game more, well, balanced.

2.0 is advancing slowly due to personal reasons, but it advances nonetheless :) It looks mostly finished - the alignment-specific quests are done, the LE ending fight is done, the LG ending fight is almost done (the Psions are being a bit of a pain) - but the are innumerable minor things to do at each juncture.

3. maalri

maalri Immortal

Sounds like wonderful additions S.T. and just so you know we APPRECIATE You and all you do around here!

4. Endarire

Thankee, Ted!

Good job for continuing ToEE and KotB! You can do it!

5. Shiningted

Then how come you all missed my birthday yesterday? It's right on the front page!!! :rant:

Don't feel bad, my mum and my brother missed it too. Wtf is with that? The kids though were counting the days, and wifey came through with a dvd I really wanted :dribble:

6. Mathalor

Mathalor Member

I never check the front page, but happy birthday regardless.

7. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

I wish they would just stop reminding me every year that I'm one year closer to "Game Over". Heh heh :p

But Happy B-Day oh Shiney One!

8. Shiningted

Thanks dudes. Saw mum today, still no word. Whiskey tango foxtrot?

Working on the Domains spell thing right now :)

9. florian1

florian1 Established Member

Happy Belated, Ted.

Your mom probably doesn't want you to feel your age.

Me, I am happy when my birthday slips under the radar. Gain a year that way, I figure.

10. maalri

maalri Immortal

I don't check the page EVERY Day, but I am very sorry that I missed your Birthday, O Shining One!

I hope, absentee relatives included, that you still had a good one and that you are in the middle of your best year ever. Sincerely.

11. Shiningted

Actually, I do feel this is going to be my best year ever. Haven't felt this positive in a long time :)

12. Endarire

Alleluiah!

Our Host!