TOEE and Linux

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by sonofliberty, Oct 16, 2015.

Remove all ads!
  1. sonofliberty

sonofliberty Established Member

SO, windows 10 is coming out and from everything I hear about it I think it is finally time to leave microsoft behind. I am looking at Linux Mint with Wine. How well does TOEE run on Linux, or will it at all?

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
  2. sonofliberty

Over 60 views and no answer. Does this mean that no one has ever tried TOEE on linux?

3. Forgalz

Forgalz Established Member

It works as well as one could wish if there is Linux support for your graphics card. I cannot access the console, though, the hotkey does not work. This may depend on the keyoard layout; maybe you are luckier with a US keyboard. The CO8 mod is already set up for Linux by providing a TFE-X.sh script to start the front end (which tends to have the executable permission missing, but that is easy enough to fix). The new TemplePlus stuff of Sitra and Plugmeister may not work, though; at least, the binary they provide does not run under my 32 bit wine.

4. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

The Circle of Eight mod with TFE-X works fine on Linux. As long as you have Java (for TFE-X) and Wine (for ToEE) and you have graphics card drivers that support 3D acceleration you should be good to go. The script file TFE-X.sh should do the trick.

I do not have any data on whether TemplePlus in its current state works on Linux or not (and, for what it's worth, the last I checked [which was a long while ago] it didn't), but the Circle of Eight does not provide support for this project, so if you're interested in it you should consider asking at their support forum instead.

- Agetian

5. sonofliberty

Thanks guys.

Our Host!