Co8 8.1.0 bugs

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by sirchet, Aug 15, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. messedup

messedup Crazy Warrior Supporter

Swearing not good....

You can always go to the Grove and ask Jaroo about it. I think he can help.

2. Kshahdoo

Kshahdoo Member

Well, I doubt, he can. I'm not sure even Beory herself could help me in this situation.

3. messedup

I had that happen once and I went to him and the dialog opened to allow him to help me see all the hidden doors...

You can also cast a clairvoyance spell and (oh I forget the other spell that will teleport you into the room but I don't think it is teleport). Clairvoyance will allow you to see everything in the level and the other spell will allow you to get to where you want. To get out of that area where you can't see the door, you use the map. Also, to keep track of the area, you cancel the clairvoyance spell.

Now the problem is do you have clairvoyance and the other spell. It is somewhere in the threads.

4. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Jaroo has been enlisted as a "fix all" guy for many problems.

messedup was spot on with the advice to seek out the Druid, you'll find messedup's advice to usually be rather sound and helpful.

5. messedup

Sirchet, I think I have to get back to being wrong....

My mother told me to be nice and I like helping people, but I think I should let the people who do the programming do it. I have only gotten very basic Java and really old Basic programming so I really don't know how the things work. It seems you guys do and I only help out every once-in-a-while....

And I am glad to do it.

6. Kshahdoo

Kshahdoo Member

Oh, crap, I forgot about Dimension Door. But it's too late alredy, I've deleted all my saves, heh.

7. Forgalz

Forgalz Established Member

Death Ward reliably creates visible spell objects (look like brown ioun stones) in the characters' inventory. They disappears when the spell ends, but I assume they should not be visible in the first place?

Charging past dead opponents who died with an action readied does not seem to work. I only experienced this in Hickory Branch, but maybe this is the only time the conditions were met.

Speaking of which, I could report only "five" leaders to Bethany, although I had the "Six of Nine" reputation. The scripting is not fool-proof: the orc guy outside Hungous' cave first attacked me, then started his dialogue, then died and disappeared. Maybe that is where the counter got confused. Generally, the regrouping scripts of Hickory Branch do not seem to work very well with a guerilla strategy of attacking a group here, retreating, then a group there, then clairvoyance and a sunburst or cloudkill at a group behind the lines etc. It is particularly annoying when groups just wander out of a fight when it is not even their turn. And this is not about the number of enemies you can have in the queue; I was careful not to overload the queue and brought in new groups only when there was enough place left.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
  8. messedup

Ran into something crazy for the first time a bit ago. I went into the earth node to get the crazy wizard so I can get the gold. I talked to him and got the promise and tried to leave and the dialog started again. This is the first time it happened. I haven't gotten the random encounter for the gold but when I got to nulb, he left and said he would send it. I say this because at the end of the second dialog, I had 8 in my party and I had to say there was no room and he was the 8th person. I don't know if it is my refresh of the game or a bug.

9. Forgalz

King Battlehammer's armor is worth no more than the normal Dwarven plate and does not change name when identified. Prices for Twinkle and Icing Death seem a bit low given the enchantments.

10. Kshahdoo

Kshahdoo Member

Why don't drow mages use all kind of protection spells? I mean Stoneskin at least. They can be killed with one hit. Their SR 19 means they are 9 lvl, so they can cast the 5th level spells. Stoneskin must have for them.

11. Forgalz

Some of the potion the swamp monster sells don't seem to work The Dimension Door potions do nothing at all when you drink them, and the Rage potions confer Rage with a duration of 0 rounds (more specifically, the 1 Rage potion I tried out did).

12. Kshahdoo

Kshahdoo Member

Why have guards in Hommlet become hostile to the party? I mean in the New Content? I came from Verbobonc and they started to attack me. And Elmo with Meleny too.

And people attack me in Verbobonc's Spruce Goose Inn as well. Elmo and Meleny leave party then.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
  13. messedup

I haven't had that happen...

Look under your reputations. That could have something to do with it.

14. messedup

I have seen some drow cast lesser globe and some have some other spells by their icon when I fight them.

15. ravanious

ravanious Member

i am trying to install 8.1 new content edition and haveing no luck it keeps saying i downloaded it wr
    ong can some one help me

Our Host!