FRUELLA Problem

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Grizzli, Mar 22, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. FDR4PREZ

FDR4PREZ Established Member

Chano - thanks, I was just thinking about that as a possibility. I needed to do something similar in KotB to answer the riddle to start the scavenger hunt. I had a party of three PCs - fighter, thief and cleric - and none of my dumb jocks had a high enough intelligence to get the correct answer as a choice and NPCs were not able to answer the question, so I made a character with a high intelligence just to answer this riddle to continue the quest. Unfortunately he was naked and didn't survive the next random encounter while gathering items for the scavenger hunt.

Unfortunately, for this run through of ToEE, I already have 5 PCs, so I don't think that I have room for another PC, do I?

I think I can do as Marc suggested and go in for the reverse nip-n-tuck via the console. I may need to rename this character into Chaz... :yikes:

Will this also be the case with the Meleny quests, if I go that far? I already have access to Nulb and the Temple, so me doing quests in Hommlet is just for fun.

2. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

Yes, you can change the maximum number of PCs (Player Characters) that you can have in your adventuring party between 3 to 8 PCs, which affects the maximum number of NPCs (Non-Player Characters) that you can have in your adventuring party. You change this in the options menu of TFE-X (i.e. the program that you run to start the Circle of Eight Modpack). Just make sure that you don't change the PC/NPC ratio if your saved game has more PCs or NPCs than you wish to change the PC/NPC ratio to.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

3. FDR4PREZ

FDR4PREZ Established Member

Nice, I was aware of this setting, but I wasn't aware that it was possible to change this mid-game.

Now I have two really good choices to choose from.

Thanks to all for the wonderful suggestions.

4. DaveWomble

DaveWomble Member

I have the option set for 8 PCs and no NPCs, Fruella won't agree to wedding cuz I have "too many hangers on" (tried removing some of my peeps at inn but it says if I remove them they're lost) and Terjon wont let marek convert til I get fruella/her dad on board. What do I do?

5. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

Per the advice above (and after making sure you have no more than 7 PCs in the party) change the TFE settings to 7 PCs and 1 NPC.

6. DaveWomble

DaveWomble Member

What happens to whoever I opt out? They'll still be in pool to switch back to after quest?

7. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

Hmm... not likely, at least not with the gained experience/gear etc. I'm fairly sure a booted PC is basically gone for good - if you add them back again via the book at the inn you get them as a 0 XP lvl 1 character again.

8. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

If you're using Temple+, you can talk to Ostler to temporarily leave a PC behind.

BrotherSmythe likes this.
  9. Nilgar

Nilgar Member

Thank you very much, this information is quite hard to find and it works very well. I created my party female only by error, I always ensure have at least one male, but for some reason I screwed up.

I wanted Fruella join but then considered it was a bit a burden to never be able to remove her from party so I gave up and stick to my girl party.

But later, after have made good progress in the game, I was a bit lost on what's next, and saw I could flirt and marry with Meleny and get a powerful sword. I don't power play, but I intend not do any crafting, intend play with 3 companions which according to most comments is a serious penalty, and I'm no way a D&D master. So get the sword from a quest is looking fine from my perspective. Still flirting but I should achieve it, thanks to you, you'll make a happy husband, well wife, I don't know. :)

EDIT.
    Worked, a welcome boost to my warrior. :)

Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
Our Host!