Co8 8.1.0 bugs

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by sirchet, Aug 15, 2014.

Remove all ads!
  1. sonofliberty

sonofliberty Established Member

My game is located in the games folder, not the programs folder.

2. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

That's my point exactly - according to this line of thought, restoring the original extension (.bik) thus making the video detectable by the game again should fix the problem. We need to confirm that this is how it works for the other people experiencing the problem, too.

- Agetian

3. WinstonShnozwick

WinstonShnozwick Established Member

Can you do the tests from there then? It just matters that you can find and rename the movie files.

@Agetian - Whoops I read your previous post as .bak instead of .bik. :p

4. WinstonShnozwick

Graphical Bug: The water is an ugly opaque texture here. I remember it being transparent previously. How do I get it to be transparent again? I do recall previous playthroughs being able to see the water with alpha levels instead of being a solid jello like pic related.

Attached Files:

5. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

It doesn't look any different to me. At any rate, that's not something we've modded or could mod, so if something's off, it'll be due to some glitch in your installation or with your system.

6. WinstonShnozwick

Speak of the devil. I just got back from lunch, started up toee again, and the water is back to normal. Pic related is what it SHOULD look like all of the time. It seems it loses transparency some times for an unknown reason.

edit: I am in fullscreen mode, and upon alt tabbing back into the game from posting this, the water lost its transparency.

Attached Files:

7. Daryk

Daryk Veteran Member

Sometimes the water goes completely missing for me, leaving an unsightly ditch. Usually, simply leaving the map and coming back to it will fix it.

8. messedup

messedup Crazy Warrior Supporter

I have started over looking closely at things and I have noticed something strange. I have a rogue that I have given a vest of escape. It comes with masterwork tools. The problem comes when I look at the skill of perform. It says there is a -2 for no bardic instrument or thieves tools. Can you see the problem I see?

9. Darkeus

Darkeus Member

I am having this exact bug. I do not seem to see if this was solved. I am not sure what the poster meant by adding the tutorial maps. But yeah, it does seem that a file is missing. There seems to be a tutorial room 5 map that is not in the files.

10. Groo the Ambler

Groo the Ambler Loot the Rot Grubs

Cannot complete "What Lies Beneath" quest in 8.1.0.

After all evidence was gathered (Reputation updated to confirm this) and the children were found, went back to tie up Panathaeas and take him in. When Abrahim asks, "How do you know?" my character has no answer.

EDIT: Completed. There were still a couple of i's to dot even after the Reputation says the evidence has been gathered.

Last edited: May 13, 2015
  11. AlanC9

AlanC9 Member

Some of the Moathouse zombies -- about half? -- don't seem to have their slashing DR.

Also, has anyone else tried ToEE on the Windows 10 preview? I get a graphics freakout and an immediate CTD. This might be related to the known AMD video driver issues.

12. messedup

messedup Crazy Warrior Supporter

I made a staff (starting with a masterwork quarterstaff) and put fire on it. I then wanted to change it to electricity so I went to sell the fire staff. I first tried at Burne's but they would only give 17k for it. I went to the cabinet maker and he gave 33k for it. I know you get the best price for items at certain places but if I read it correctly, magic should be the same in the church, castle and where the item made (ie brother Smyth for armor and swords). The problem I ran into only happens with the staff and the cabinet maker. The staff was +3 and flaming. I don't get flame burst yet. I forgot to say that I am using 8.1.0.

Last edited: May 14, 2015
  13. addseo1118

addseo1118 Member

Thanks for sharing.

14. AlanC9

AlanC9 Member

I'm having a repeatable CTD with the harpy encounter. It seems to be triggered when one of the ghouls acts.

15. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Has the gate dropped yet? Please give us a bit more of exactly what's happening and what you're attempting when it crashes.

Does it happen every time?

Our Host!